Home

Franchise Blog is Up

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog is Up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #33
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Franchise Blog is Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerMichael
You guys realize there is a chance this isn't "the" franchise blog right? It could just be a blog about stats because that has been such a hot topic.
I'm thinking this too - first off the title is "Madden NFL 09 Franchise Stats" - not Franchise Blog. Also I read that it was delayed because Phil wanted more detail, I am thinking this isn't a product of 'added detail.' The end says-
"That's a look inside the offensive and defensive stats for Madden 2009." It doesn't say a look at the franchise mode.

Everyone chill out.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #34
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't know, maybe its just me, but somehow I get the feeling that there may be more information coming at a later date about what else was tuned in franchise mode. On June 17 for people already be making up their minds that this is all the franchise info we're going to get, seems a bit of an overreaction.

The stats being reasonably close to NFL norms is a big deal for me, so I'm quite happy with this information.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Like I said the Pats will draft a QB in the 1st round every year but we'll have realistic stats...please! Hell they could have gave us everything from last gen and we would be good for another year when the supposedly plan to blow out the franchise mode. 85 new features and its a damn shame that not one of them is for the franchise mode. Oh yeah but we got realistic stats...
They've already said before they revamped their Draft logic, trade logic and progression as well.

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=34

Just because this blog focused on the stats aspect doesn't mean other things haven't been fixed as well.

Also, what features is everybody missing from the legacy gen games that add a significant amount of replay value to the game? The Tony Bruno show and changing ticket prices doesn't exactly add replay value to the game.

And the 85 new features is actually 85 new features AND enhancements and a bunch of those things are related to franchise mode. Better stats, progression, draft and trade AI, rivalry games, and the ability to change players positions is 6/85 right there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #36
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
They've already said before they revamped their Draft logic, trade logic and progression as well.

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=34

Just because this blog focused on the stats aspect doesn't mean other things haven't been fixed as well.

Also, what features is everybody missing from the legacy gen games that add a significant amount of replay value to the game? The Tony Bruno show and changing ticket prices doesn't exactly add replay value to the game.

And the 85 new features is actually 85 new features AND enhancements and a bunch of those things are related to franchise mode. Better stats, progression, draft and trade AI, rivalry games, and the ability to change players positions is 6/85 right there.
I'm glad you found the link to where they mentioned the other things tuned in franchise. I knew I remember reading about it somewhere.

Quote:
The Franchise mode has also undergone a foundation upgrade. Now variables in trade logic, progression, drafting and simulation have been greatly improved to provide more realism.
They've just shown us the simulated stats improvements, and if the other aspects have been tuned at least as well as the stats, then I'm good to go.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon9 Re: Franchise Blog is Up

So typical that some people(you know who) jump to conclusions and think that this is it when it comes to the Franchise Mode. Obviously that is an blog about franchise stats, I believe there will be more blogs touching upon the other aspects of the mode soon.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Sense of entitlement; to have a game that's not broke?

Me thinks you have redefined "entitlement".
'Broken' is an incredibly nebulous term. I understand that the game may not live up to people's expectations, but if you can deal with that then buy it. If not, don't. The idea that all of EA employees are a bunch of fat cats laughing at us for buying their 'broken' game is ludicrous.

It's obvious that EA is really trying to improve this game. It's also obvious that they only have a certain amount of time and resources to accomplish what they would like to accomplish. That being said, I think it's a little unfair to scream (and I'm not referring to you Semper, just in general) that "It's so easy, why didn't they include that?" or "they're screwing me over!".

Sure, we'd all like a 'perfect' football game...but I think they're taking some nice strides in the right direction. Again, if you don't like where it's going, don't buy it (and respond to Ian's thread with your suggestions. He's risked his sanity to come on these boards). It's really that simple.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #39
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm dying to know where are all the great elements that immersed you into franchise mode have gone?

Where's the newspaper?

Where's the radio show, where fans would call up and sometimes criticize your front office decisions?

Where is the all-star game that gave you a better feel of who you would be selecting in the NFL Draft?

Even if the 2009 franchise mode is devoid of glitches, it still doesn't change the fact that it's essentially all just a bunch of menu's and numbers. That's it. It seems to me that they've stripped out the core elements that created the replay value for franchise mode, and I don't understand why.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #40
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I'm dying to know where are all the great elements that immersed you into franchise mode have gone?

Where's the newspaper?

Where's the radio show, where fans would call up and sometimes criticize your front office decisions?

Where is the all-star game that gave you a better feel of who you would be selecting in the NFL Draft?

Even if the 2009 franchise mode is devoid of glitches, it still doesn't change the fact that it's essentially all just a bunch of menu's and numbers. That's it. It seems to me that they've stripped out the core elements that created the replay value for franchise mode, and I don't understand why.
cosigns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »