Home

EA Sports Community Wishlist-- please submit your list

This is a discussion on EA Sports Community Wishlist-- please submit your list within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: EA Sports Community Wishlist-- please submit your list

1. I would like a better draft presentation. That includes trading future picks, more players available, a green room with 4-5 players, have the ESPN gang or NFL network gang working the draft, and I know this would be asking a lot, but show highlights of the player selected.
2. OL/DL Refactoring
3. Human QB awareness
4. Weekly highlight show/halftime/postgame show
5. 5, 6, 7, 8 man interaction which include pile ups and scrums for fumbles.
6. A fully alive stadium, which includes the sidelines with real interactions going on as the game is going on.
7. Record half sack and assisted tackles.
8. Make challenge system more realistic.
9. make Super Bowl celebrations different so that the user can look forward to winning it all and not knowing the celebration that will happen.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 7

I'm in agreement with practically all the aforementioned items on the list. My particular concern is does EA have the talent and resources to implement a lot of them. However, I'm really hoping for more realistic QB animations that includes the dropback, movement in the pocket (which Madden is still lacking true pocket formulation) and the setup and throw. Why can't EA as suggested before create the signature throwing style of real QBs such as Manning Brady etc.?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Bump
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 24

I'd like to add to the wishlist....

I would like the EA developers to keep coming to the community for feedback and ideas.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #37
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
First, allow me to give Dembroski a for taking the time to do this for the Madden communities. I'm sure it's no easy task to compile all of this information when we all are so diverse in opinions. Thanks

On to the list:

*I'll steer clear of franchise information. Obviously, it needs some fixing but I think EA should already have a good idea of what the community would like to see there.

1. OL/DL Interaction- If I steer away from Madden '09 this year, this will be the main reason why. There needs to be some balance restored here. Some will say now that it's weighted now towards the O-line, and others will say it favors the D-line. I say it's weighted to whichever side the AI is on. When I'm playing as a defensive lineman, it's just about impossible for me to get off the line and force pressure. When I'm on offense, the D-line dominates my O-line. Overall, it's well documented that this needs major attention.
2. Inconsistencies in Game Speed- Ian provided some insight on this a couple weeks ago @ MM I believe. Too often, the players scatter like roaches after the snap. This needs to be toned down to look more realistic.

2.5 "On the Fly" Adaptive A.I.- I forgot to add this initially. Basically, I want to see strategy in the playcalling on AI's part. I'd like to see the AI make adjustments to double team receivers. I'd like to see the defense actually bite on the play action b/c I've been running the ball effectively.

3. Trigger Passing Option- Please see my thread for detail: And Yet Another Idea to Enhance the Passing Game
4. QB Animations- Signature Animations and cleaner dropbacks
5. Timing Based Routes- One thing that's always been missing from the Madden passing game is the emphasis on timing. 2K placed a lot of emphasis in this area and it worked well.
6. Composure & Home Field Advantage- They can use what NCAA 09 is getting done this year and simply enhance it. It's been well documented on this forum that vibrating controllers would fit well with composure.
7. WR/CB Interaction- APF 2K8 is a good model for some of the improvements we'd like to see here.
8. Challenge System- We absolutely need to be able to choose exactly what we're challenging.
9. More wrap-up tackle animations
10. Removal of the Sprint Button- Sensitive subject for sports gamers. I'd like to see it removed and others would not.
11. More In-Game Cutscenes- shots of the coaches, players on the sidelines, a dejected QB after a bad throw, Coach & QB after an INT, etc.
12. Referees & Chain Gangs- Not a big deal but they should be there. No reason for them to be present on past generations and not be included on more powerful systems.
13. Defensive Matchups
14. Dynamic Crowds- Really adds to the atmosphere
15. Injury News- Like someone already mentioned, there should be some suspense after an injury; don't let us know the prognosis right away.
16. Celebrations- A little nitpicky but I feel some of the post play celebrations are over dramatic particularly the negative emotion ones (defenders after giving up a big play). They start swinging their arms in an upset manner and almost resemble zombies lol.
17. Approaching the L.O.S.- Simply put, the players should walk to the line.
Can I add two more wishes?

18. Collision Detection w/ teammates- See thread

19. Accessories- blow it out w/ these: mouthpieces, towels, handwarmers. Fans have been requesting towels & handwarmers for years. Let's finally get it done.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #38
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

OVR: 7

don't know if any1 said or thought of this but, multiple commentating people, i.e.-Michaels, Madden, Bryant Gumbel, Joe Buck, Rich Eisen, Kornheiser, etc. choose the two or three you want and have different ones during franchise mode. Just a thought
NBA: THUNDER
Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 33

1) Bigger dev team so more improvements can be made to madden!!
1b) Improved Franchise. Only needs to be a shadow of Head Coach to be acceptable.
2)Crowd Reacions/Homefield Advantage [as in ncaa]. Sounds and Models
3)ol/dl interaction
4) wr/db interaction
5) Broadcast Style Presentation. With lots of stats overlays, frequent replays.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #40
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Stars
I'd like to add to the wishlist....

I would like the EA developers to keep coming to the community for feedback and ideas.
i would also like them to hire some interns(like me from OS) to do free work and take in questions from community and take it back to them so we can see how to intergrate this into the games.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »