Home

Madden NFL 09 Exclusive Monday Night Madden Week 2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Exclusive Monday Night Madden Week 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 09 Exclusive Monday Night Madden Week 2

looks like i missed the video
Old 07-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
^^^see what he did there?...lol
no what did he do
Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #35
Banned

The video is back up, but now its a different one. Plus, there is a celebration video up, too.

I wonder why they took down the original video...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 10

Im in Love, I want to take it HOME NOW!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #37
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Not sure if the gameplay was "solid" in the first clip. There were 3 plays total. During the first one Miami's TE burned the NYJ safety who was asleep at the wheel - then dropped a perfectly thrown pass wide open about 15-20 yards down the field. Now that could be a good thing because dropped passes are realistic of course but thought I'd mention it.

In the 2nd play Miami's left guard failed to pick up a blitzing linebacker heading right towards him. Instead, he rotated left so the LB sailed right in and nailed the QB in 1.5 seconds while he was in the middle of a play action animation. Even with the QB's back turned to him he somehow missed the tackle and the QB ended up scambling for no gain (and the LB had a brick wall weapon.)

The 3rd play looked good but ended with an awkward looking catch on the sideline. On a 3rd and long the WR was crossing the field nicely positioned to catch the ball for a first down. He had to fight the CB for the ball so he ended up coming in a few yards to make the catch then went out of bounds so it ended up 4th and 2. Kind of mixed feelings here - it was cool because the WR fought for the ball and got the completion, but I just hate it when they charge in to make catches thus losing yards instead of waiting for the ball to come to their hands. In this play I don't know if he would've caught it if he waited so perhaps it's not so bad. The OL/DL interaction didn't look so hot either, with Miami's right tackle sliding left and right looking for someone to block like a robot - it just makes you cringe.

With that said I loved the graphics and the pass camera is nice (so you can see the whole field.) Some of the negatives I mentioned may be a moot point anyway because they could've been playing on the weakest AI setting.

Last edited by swaldo; 07-29-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #38
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Not sure if the gameplay was "solid" in the first clip. There were 3 plays total. During the first one Miami's TE burned the NYJ safety who was asleep at the wheel - then dropped a perfectly thrown pass wide open about 15-20 yards down the field. Now that could be a good thing because dropped passes are realistic of course but thought I'd mention it.

In the 2nd play Miami's left guard failed to pick up a blitzing linebacker heading right towards him. Instead, he rotated left so the LB sailed right in and nailed the QB in 1.5 seconds while he was in the middle of a play action animation. Even with the QB's back turned to him he somehow missed the tackle and the QB ended up scambling for no gain (and the LB had a brick wall weapon.)

The 3rd play looked good but ended with an awkward looking catch on the sideline. On a 3rd and long the WR was crossing the field nicely positioned to catch the ball for a first down. He had to fight the CB for the ball so he ended up coming in a few yards to make the catch then went out of bounds so it ended up 4th and 2. Kind of mixed feelings here - it was cool because the WR fought for the ball and got the completion, but I just hate it when they charge in to make catches thus losing yards instead of waiting for the ball to come to their hands. In this play I don't know if he would've caught it if he waited so perhaps it's not so bad. The OL/DL interaction didn't look so hot either, with Miami's right tackle sliding left and right looking for someone to block like a robot - it just makes you cringe.

With that said I loved the graphics and the pass camera is nice (so you can see the whole field.) Some of the negatives I mentioned may be a moot point anyway because they could've been playing on the weakest AI setting.
what do u do? watch the video in slo-mo? jesus christ!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 07-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #39
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: New Clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I'm sorry, and please don't be insulted by this, but how can anyone say it looks like Madden 08??? I mean to me its night and day.
I meant from a gameplay POV. The intros, the lighting etc is nice but if the game doesn't play differently, those won't stay fresh for long. Not that this video proves 09 isn't better in this regard, I just don't see it in that video. What parts do you see that make the gameplay between the two night and day?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: New Clip

I can't believe that we are 4 pages into this thread, and PJ hasn't made one single mention that at the end of the video, the Browns score a TD on my beloved Raiders.

Other than that little glitch in the game, it looks fantastic.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »