Home

Some news about Madden NFL 2010

This is a discussion on Some news about Madden NFL 2010 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #41
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Some news about Madden NFL 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
To be honest I dont see this as good news. I was hoping EA would leave the HC team intact as that seems to me to be the game that has the most going for it.

Disappointing for me personally, as I think EA secretly wants the HC franchise to fail.
Totally agree.

EA Can't have a new product that in early reviews is kicking the Cash cow's ***. I was wondering how long this would take, apparently not long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12

Ian, Good news, and I'm hoping for ONLINE Franchise with all the same options as the offline franchise. And please allow us to have the option to allow a Human play as the CPU team in our franchise. Maybe make it a toggle option when creating your online franchise. Allow Human to control CPU yes/no.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Totally agree.

EA Can't have a new product that in early reviews is kicking the Cash cow's ***. I was wondering how long this would take, apparently not long.
Considering Head Coach never should have come back and all... or at least most of the features in Head Coach should be in Next Gen Franchise by now. I am surprised to hear it is actually being released and then purchased.

Head Coach is simply everything that should be in Franchise mode and they know it. The first installment was bland, slow loading on every screen, etc. Now they are releasing it again because Franchise in 09 is the same as 08.

This news is great and they SHOULD end Head Coach as a different game. If they do anything to keep it around, put a "Coach Mode" into Madden 2010 and everyone will be happy.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #44
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Anyone who thinks that in a 6 month dev cycle Madden is going to get features on the level of HC is smoking some good stuff. This all sounds like a way to get some good PR spin to me.

Hmm lets see if I follow:

early reviews of Madden lackluster

early reviews of Head coach stellar

lets announce were moving a HC designer to Madden.

If it makes Madden better then I am for it, but why do we have to kill another game, one that may have the potential to be sports game of the year, in the process?
Old 08-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
We've had some recent news that I thought I should share with you all...

If you've been paying attention to NFL Head Coach 09, you're probably aware of Donny Moore, one of the designers responsible for many of their features. Donny has been at EA for nearly 10 years and is the best in the business when it comes to details. He was responsible for both NCAA and Madden rosters from 2002 to 2006, and has had many influences over designs, from Franchise to gameplay to online. You may also know him as 'Commish Don' from the EA Sports fantasy experts group, where he has been instrumental in driving fans to use that service: http://fantasy.easports.com/reports/...moore_5rbs.asp

Well, the good news, Donny has been brought over to Madden NFL 2010, with the objective of using his Head Coach design experience to take full ownership of the future design and direction of Franchise mode. To clarify...this news doesn't mean we're going to automatically have all of Head Coach's features or anything like that...we honestly don't know our exact direction yet (Donny is working on designing it out as we speak).

Anyway, I thought most folks would be happy to hear this news. Donny is an awesome designer with a ton of experience and a hardcore sim background, and I'm stoked to have him on the team.
Once HC is released could we tell you what we like best to relay it back to Donny for Madden implementation? IS there anyway we could help prioritize what features should be added? HC looks like an awesome game and some of the hardcore SIM stuff sounds amazing. Josh's team really seems to focus on the details.

BTW I am sure he's not happy about you stealing Donny away.

Please don't fear consumers prioritizing your 2010 build. I know Madden 2010 is your baby and this will be your first run "owning it". If we prioritize something thats not feasible let us know. We will be as reasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Anyone who thinks that in a 6 month dev cycle Madden is going to get features on the level of HC is smoking some good stuff. This all sounds like a way to get some good PR spin to me.

Hmm lets see if I follow:

early reviews of Madden lackluster

early reviews of Head coach stellar

lets announce were moving a HC designer to Madden.

If it makes Madden better then I am for it, but why do we have to kill another game, one that may have the potential to be sports game of the year, in the process?
Possibly because HC isn't even its own game really. ALOT of what's in it are features that should have already been in Madden, and some of them are features that Madden actually had at one point. HC is just a way for EA to milk more cash out of its customers. It's almost like a super expensive Madden expansion pack.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #47
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
Possibly because HC isn't even its own game really. ALOT of what's in it are features that should have already been in Madden, and some of them are features that Madden actually had at one point. HC is just a way for EA to milk more cash out of its customers. It's almost like a super expensive Madden expansion pack.
Your comment show a fundamental lack of understanding what HC is and what it is not. Do some research, get informed and then you can be part of the conversation. Not it's own game, that is absurd.

Also for the other guy that said there shouldn't of even been a 2nd Head coach, why is that? Because a talented & passionate team took a POS game and turned it into something that, by early reports, is very good. I might add that they have done this in only their second version of the game. we're on our 20th version of Madden and it's going to be outclassed by a sophomore effort.

This conversation has strayed too far off topic, you guys need not worry EA wants no part of HC being successful. We'll see next August when you're bitching about Madden 10 and their is no new HC how great a move this was.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Your comment show a fundamental lack of understanding what HC is and what it is not. Do some research, get informed and then you can be part of the conversation. Not it's own game, that is absurd.

Also for the other guy that said there shouldn't of even been a 2nd Head coach, why is that? Because a talented & passionate team took a POS game and turned it into something that, by early reports, is very good. I might add that they have done this in only their second version of the game. we're on our 20th version of Madden and it's going to be outclassed by a sophomore effort.

This conversation has strayed too far off topic, you guys need not worry EA wants no part of HC being successful. We'll see next August when you're bitching about Madden 10 and their is no new HC how great a move this was.
Exactly correct on all points. I get the feeling all the people saying this or that from HC should be in Madden, don't really get the direction HC is going. It's like trying to compare FIFA to Football Manager.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »