Home

Does Next-Gen Madden Have Pre-Season Position Battles?

This is a discussion on Does Next-Gen Madden Have Pre-Season Position Battles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does Next-Gen Madden Have Pre-Season Position Battles?

This is gonna be my first year playing Madden on next-gen so forgive me for my ignorance. I remember when Madden first came out with this feature I thought it was great but then it just got annoying. I remember last year every franchise I would start had guys like Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch as second stringers, and Brady Quinn would always win the starting job as well as Mark Brunell when in the real NFL he was third string.

I like my opening day rosters to be exactly like the real NFL. If anything they should have this feature but only for the second year of franchise so the opening day rosters are realistic and then you go from there. Is this feature in the game and if so can it be turned off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Does Next-Gen Madden Have Pre-Season Position Battles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
This is gonna be my first year playing Madden on next-gen so forgive me for my ignorance. I remember when Madden first came out with this feature I thought it was great but then it just got annoying. I remember last year every franchise I would start had guys like Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch as second stringers, and Brady Quinn would always win the starting job as well as Mark Brunell when in the real NFL he was third string.

I like my opening day rosters to be exactly like the real NFL. If anything they should have this feature but only for the second year of franchise so the opening day rosters are realistic and then you go from there. Is this feature in the game and if so can it be turned off?
Why don't you just re-order the depth-chart yourself?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Why don't you just re-order the depth-chart yourself?
Because you can only re-order the depth chart for user controlled teams, at least that's how it was in last-gen and every other video game I've played. It's different now?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

It hasn't been in the 360 version yet. Don't know about 09 yet, but i would assume it still isnt in there because they didnt make many changes to the franchise mode.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Does next-gen have customizable preseason schedules? That was one of my favorite features on the old X-Box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

There are no pre-season battles nor are there customized schedules. The preseason mini-camp is also gone though there is sorta like a practice mode where you can upgrade the stats of your players. I've got a copy.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 08-06-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm almost positive that preseason position battles have been included in the 360 and PS3 version of Madden over the last few years, just not in the way you're used to seeing it.

There's no actual screen showing you who's winning and who isn't but once you advance through the preseason and into the regular season, the CPU teams will make depth chart adjustments based on how those players performed in the preseason.

A simple check of the depth charts of some of these teams will reveal that the CPU teams didn't simply start all of their highest rated players. You'll see an 85 overall QB starting over an 87 on occasion. The same goes for other positions.

My suspicion is that the preseason position battles are still in the game, there's just no user interface showing it to you.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i liked the position battles. although, i always ignored the results and started the people with the higher overall rating.

i'm really hoping that franchise is ea's only concern for 2010; it needs a ton of work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »