Home

Madden NFL 09 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #41
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
great review...you made some points that i made...but there are always people here looking for negative geeze....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 09 Review

IMO the demo played and looked better than the retail/final build. The game speed per the demo was just right and the camera angle was closer to the field than the retail version. The running game in the demo seemed realistic where as in the retial version the speed is wayyyy to fast and doesn't allow you to really see what is going on running game wise. The retail version actually plays very close to the NCAA (which was terrible IMO). Oh well, it is what it is.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
I've been playing this game a bit and he nailed the CPU QB accuracy problem. The offense is going to adapt around you, and while the QB's are very good, you can stop them. You just cant keep using the same three plays. Games have toted this around for years (especially NHL 08) but this is the first game, I feel, that actually punishes you for it. This will obviously be something to complain about for the average EA hating fanboy, but the hardcore are in for a treat
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Seems to me that when you think Madden, you come to expect perfection. There's the mindset that we're only *one year away* to some ultimate experience that is more accurate than real football. Obviously, that's hardly ever gonna be the case. I know I'm not the only one in here that says they'll fix X or tweak Y next year. I think we should take it for what it is, the best available gridiron game. Madden himself didn't simply make up the hysteria---the game earned every fan.

I appreciate the review and it only psyches me up more to get my copy. I simply thought it was digging for weaknesses. I'm simply happy I'll only dust off NCAA '09 for draft classes from now on.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #45
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
I enjoyed reading this review and I thought it was pretty thorough. I am still eagerly awaiting the two patches and free DLC to see if that really helps the game turn into what it should be. From the sounds of it all that needs to be done for this version is add the cpu sliders back in, fix the robo QB accuracy, and fix the cpu players from going out of bounds problem and this will be a fantastic game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1
Oh, about the sliders, what is the point of messing with those in the first place? Sure it makes the game more difficult but I don't want Rex Grossman torching me for 300 yds---I want to try and stop Peyton Manning from doing it. We all want realism every year and here we are discussing giving them cyber steroids. Thanks to online play, when you figure everything out and get too good, you'll always find somebody out there who's better. I am iffy on this whole adaptive difficulty thing or whatever's designed to replace the sliders but I'm glad to see they used valuable time elsewhere.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #47
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Wow. Thanks for taking the time & effort to write such a thorough review, Terry. Still can't make up my mind, but that has nothing to do with a lack of information after reading this. Great job, man...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
I enjoyed the review, Terry. I have always trusted your opinion when it comes to football games. You just got me a little more excitied.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »