Home

This game is hard - In a good way

This is a discussion on This game is hard - In a good way within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
This game is hard - In a good way

I am surprised at how challenging 09 is. It is not hard in a way where the CPU cheeses or forces you to cheese to accomplish something, but hard in a way where you have to know what you're doing.

There is actually a defense in this game! It is still hard to play D on the CPU, but it is not like you absolutely can't do it ala NCAA. The pass rush is there, but it isn't guaranteed to help you if you don't utilize it properly.

I can not run the ball to save my life, but I know it is MY fault. It is not the games this time. I can no longer just pick up the controller on All Madden level and drive down the field as well.

The CPU plays smart and forces you to switch things up. I am still a little on the fence about a few things, but overall what an improvement.

I really feel this game makes you earn your yardage and work for your stops. It just feels so "cheese free."

Anyone else been enjoyably struggling with this game?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: This game is hard - In a good way

As I noted in the Madden Slider forum, I thought Matt Schaub was a little too effective in the 4th quarter, but I am enjoying the game.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

i really like the back track feature, lets you know where you shouldve thrown the ball when you throw that interception. i really love the passing game this year, very challenging yet very rewarding. the running game is tough because im still getting used to the new tackle-breaking system.

yea, im having a blast getting my *** handed to me!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I really feel this game makes you earn your yardage and work for your stops. It just feels so "cheese free."
exactly, the gameplay finally feels "next gen"
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I am surprised at how challenging 09 is. It is not hard in a way where the CPU cheeses or forces you to cheese to accomplish something, but hard in a way where you have to know what you're doing.

There is actually a defense in this game! It is still hard to play D on the CPU, but it is not like you absolutely can't do it ala NCAA. The pass rush is there, but it isn't guaranteed to help you if you don't utilize it properly.

I can not run the ball to save my life, but I know it is MY fault. It is not the games this time. I can no longer just pick up the controller on All Madden level and drive down the field as well.

The CPU plays smart and forces you to switch things up. I am still a little on the fence about a few things, but overall what an improvement.

Anyone else been enjoyably struggling with this game?
I completely agree. Many are complaining, but I am enjoying the hell out of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

I also agree, the game is fun as hell.

Too bad it always freezes on me. Thats another issue for a hundred more threads.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm with you. I feel this is a breath of fresh air...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:23 AM   #8
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of blocking there seems to be on kick returns/punt returns. I could say the same when running the ball at times, but I have had times where I break away for a big gain. Game is great though IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »