Home

Madden IQ - Yay or Nay?

This is a discussion on Madden IQ - Yay or Nay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Is Madden IQ working well for you?
Yay 89 41.59%
Nay 125 58.41%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden IQ - Yay or Nay?

I am using at a tool more than anything. Its a good tool for showing me what I need to work on.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

At first I started out with the My Skill difficulty, and it was a disaster. I couldn't run, but the CPU couldn't either. I now use a custom difficulty, but even that isn't balancing things out as well as I'd hoped. Bring on the patch.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
The fact that the ratio of yay vs. nay is nearly 50 percent, I think that equates to a big nay. If only half of the people playing even give it the thumbs up, that means you're disappointing half of your consumer base by not having sliders as an option.
Check your manual sliders are an option. Not sure where you get the idea you can't just tweak them yourself...cause you can.

I like it....but I'm sure at somepoint I'll tweak them myself to what I like for realistic toughness and stats.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

And that's the thing, you can still adjust the human sliders. You can do everything this system is doing. Not one person has yet said something in favor of the system that we couldn't either do before or do now, because it's in essence just adjusting human sliders for us.

Even with custom, or sticking to a default level, it still displays your IQ, your fluctuation in the four categories.....all of that. The only thing it doesn't do is allow you to tailor your experience and provide a relative constant level to base ratings off of. In the end, the IQ system is going up against the rankings of the players because it's essentially trying to level out the players to match you.......bringing down good players and artificially inflating bad ones.

Personally, I don't want that. I want to feel the effect of my player's progressing, degressing, or just making me curse their name and sending them to the waiver wire.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:38 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 16

To give you an idea of how stupid this IQ system is:

I'm currently rated at All-Madden for all categories except Pass Offense. I was rated All-Pro in Pass offense two games back, but I had two pitiful games in a row with Rex Grossman, now I'm back down to rookie. Forget that I just played two tough defenses, and that I made a couple stupid INTs. Dumb down the AI so I can do better next game. *sigh* I'm back to playing on just normal All-Pro/All-Madden from this point forward. I really do love this year's Madden, but this IQ system is a complete joke (as I suspected it'd be). The idea of a difficulty setting is just that a *setting*.

Let's revisit the dictionary:

Setting- to put in the proper or desired order or condition for use
-the act or state of setting or the state of being set.

What part of a setting means change after every game? We want a difficulty *setting*. Why do you think there are so many sim heads that mess around with sliders, trying to get the perfect static setting for their game? Settings are meant to be static, not evolving.

Last edited by Acedeck; 08-15-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Madden IQ works perfect for me. You just have to give it time. The first 10 games or so it is learning about you but once it knows you everything works perfect. The running game will straighten out. The running game is hard at first before it gets to know you but it gets very realistic after that. The passing and defense learn you much quicker. Just give it time it works really well. I love it.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #23
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

It needs to be revised a little bit, but after a few rael games, its workign quite nicely for me. No complaints on Madden IQ

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8

The best way to use the IQ system is to SKIP the skill tests. The skill tests do not properly test how the game is played so the scoring will be messed up when you start playing a real game.

For example the running the ball skills test are to easy so when you ace them you will find it more difficult to run in the real game.

Skip the IQ test so you start playing at the 500 default. Start your Franchise and play the pre season games. By the time your pre season is over your IQ will be adjusted to how you play in a real game and will give you a much better playing experience.

Use the pre season as your skills test.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »