Home

Old 09-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
MADDEN IQ

Fellows I need a concrete answer or can someone direct me to get the answer. I am not much of an online gamer and I just want the up and up on this Madden IQ. If I dominate with the C-Boys say against the Eagles, If I play the Dolphins the next week will this IQ thing cause the game to be close or cause my running game to stink just because I was explosive the prior game? Can I have a soft schedule and say using the Patriots or Giants and this madden IQ will make my game tough no matter who I play. Thanks and Mods I know I have been on these boards for a couple of years but also direct me to instructions on how to use the search function so I don't make duplicate threads because I am sure this has been asked before. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MADDEN IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Fellows I need a concrete answer or can someone direct me to get the answer. I am not much of an online gamer and I just want the up and up on this Madden IQ. If I dominate with the C-Boys say against the Eagles, If I play the Dolphins the next week will this IQ thing cause the game to be close or cause my running game to stink just because I was explosive the prior game? Can I have a soft schedule and say using the Patriots or Giants and this madden IQ will make my game tough no matter who I play. Thanks and Mods I know I have been on these boards for a couple of years but also direct me to instructions on how to use the search function so I don't make duplicate threads because I am sure this has been asked before. Thanks

Yes, your assumptions of the IQ system are correct, IMO. It keeps the games close, every game the more you play the more each game feels the same. I turned it off eventually, and just used heelfans sliders, which worked much better, imo.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Yes, your assumptions of the IQ system are correct, IMO. It keeps the games close, every game the more you play the more each game feels the same. I turned it off eventually, and just used heelfans sliders, which worked much better, imo.
Kinda what I was afraid of. Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's my experience with IQ so far in my franchise. All the games have been close to the very end, winning or losing by a field goal. I think I've played three overtime games so far.
I'm playing as the Chiefs with a 7-3 record. I guess that's
pretty good compared to reality (Chiefs 0-2) but yeah all
the games have the same feel to them.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I quickly moved to sliders. But I've read a few posts from people on the forums saying as you play more games the less the sliders adjust. Maybe it operates by your average for every game not just your last one. So early on the adjustments are drastic, but after 20 or so games they adjust only slightly.

Maybe they can look at making the adjustments every 4-5 games in 2010 instead of after every game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

just turn it off, its for kids
Old 10-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

How do you turn it off, please!!! when i play other people its one thing. but when i play the computer, i play to have fun and not worry about the computer cheating to keep the game close. is there a way to turn the madden IQ off COMPLETLY? and HOW.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #8

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Kinda what I was afraid of. Thanks
I would check out this thread before you give up on something based on what one person says and in reality you may need to just try it for yourself since there are a group that love it if you play enough games with it to get it more accurate and then there are some that seem to hate it no matter what.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »