Home

What does Madden, NFL2k, Blitz, BackBreaker & the NFL all have in common?

This is a discussion on What does Madden, NFL2k, Blitz, BackBreaker & the NFL all have in common? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
What does Madden, NFL2k, Blitz, BackBreaker & the NFL all have in common?

I don't mean to go back and bring up a topic that has been discussed endlessly time and time again but at this point I must throw out a few points to the topic...

Nothing- anymore! Please take a moment and read my rant below and maybe someone who writes for these websites will finally speak up to the NFL and other writers and try to get something done about it.

After visiting these boards on a regular basis (in my spare time) and playing Madden for a decent amount of time for the first month and a half I have to agree with 90% of the negative threads about this game. You have all seen the Gideon vids going over and over all of the details about Madden 09 and 2k5 and why it is unacceptable for a game 4-5 years later to play this way, and that brings me to my topic and point...

Why doesn't all of the gaming websites and writers get something written to the NFL & the media that tells them blatently, that the fans who support the NFL wants to have a CHOICE in what football game they buy! I don't understand why this has not happened in 5 years. I know there are some you tube vids and years ago a petition was floating around but it needs to be more than that to make a difference. I don't care if you love Madden to death and you sleep with the case everynight, that doesn't mean that another game developer couldn't come along and make something new and innovative and you might actually love a different football game.

I don't care what the reason was or who had the chance to bid or anything like that at this point. This has caused a major set back IMO with football games and I think that is just a shame to those who would like a change of pace.

Thank god for basketball, hockey and somewhat baseball, for allowing us to have a choice in which game plays the closest to what we perceive as real.

I know big money has been spent on the NFL license agreement but I personaly feel that if the websites & GAME STORES were flooded with negative publicity (polls, ads, blogs, article sent to the NFL on a regular basis, podcasts dedicated to this topic etc..)about how this agreement truely effects the fans of the sport, something would change. It needs to reach the casual fans that really don't know this ever happened. Most causal fans don't even know that Madden is the only NFL licensed football game and that is just sad, imo.

I know we have MUCH bigger problems in the world right now than who is allowed to make sports video games but it's something that i feel is important to our rights as human beings to choose what we want.

P.S. I also think the NFL is getting rediculous with all of the penalties and fines handed out for trying to tackle the dang QB but that is another gripe I have with the NFL.

Thanks for reading
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »