Home

Holy crap...this freakin AI

This is a discussion on Holy crap...this freakin AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Holy crap...this freakin AI

Ok I know everyone hates this AI...I'm just now getting online to check it out because I played the most ******** game ever just now.

I just played the Chiefs...with the Colts.

My skill sliders have built themselves up somehow. I have NEVER rushed for over 50 yards in a game...yet my rushing slider got to 20 in id say 4 games.

My passing slider is at 18...never thrown for more than 300 yards.

My pass defense slider is at 16...Brody Croyle just threw 35 out of 36 for 485 yards and 6 touchdowns and no INT's on my defense...and my sliders went up to 18 after the game.

My rush defense slider is at 10. I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER allowed more than 25 yards rushing in a game. Most games I play they end up with a negative rush total.

So basically to start off with...what the hell is with these numbers? If anyone has any insight that is.

Ok...my team now. My receivers dropping balls thrown right at their chests wide *** open..****nning backs fumbling on 4 consecutive plays...3 man rushes defeating my double tight (both blocking) sets...cornerbacks jumping 3-5 yards in the air to intercept my passes...DEFENSIVE LINEMAN outrunning my WIDE RECIEVERS for a long fumble recovery for a touchdown...i could go on and on and on and on about all the surreal stuff this game had in it.

And of course its not just this game...it gets worse when I'm leading. I thought catch up AI was only in NFL Blitz...but I guess madden thought it was a good idea to put that in as well.

Has anyone else seen this kind of crap while they're playing? I mean really a defensive lineman outrunning my receivers...how ******** can it get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Rookie

jackw's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Holy crap...this freakin AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanekutter05
Ok I know everyone hates this AI...I'm just now getting online to check it out because I played the most ******** game ever just now.

I just played the Chiefs...with the Colts.

My skill sliders have built themselves up somehow. I have NEVER rushed for over 50 yards in a game...yet my rushing slider got to 20 in id say 4 games.

My passing slider is at 18...never thrown for more than 300 yards.

My pass defense slider is at 16...Brody Croyle just threw 35 out of 36 for 485 yards and 6 touchdowns and no INT's on my defense...and my sliders went up to 18 after the game.

My rush defense slider is at 10. I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER allowed more than 25 yards rushing in a game. Most games I play they end up with a negative rush total.

So basically to start off with...what the hell is with these numbers? If anyone has any insight that is.

Ok...my team now. My receivers dropping balls thrown right at their chests wide *** open..****nning backs fumbling on 4 consecutive plays...3 man rushes defeating my double tight (both blocking) sets...cornerbacks jumping 3-5 yards in the air to intercept my passes...DEFENSIVE LINEMAN outrunning my WIDE RECIEVERS for a long fumble recovery for a touchdown...i could go on and on and on and on about all the surreal stuff this game had in it.

And of course its not just this game...it gets worse when I'm leading. I thought catch up AI was only in NFL Blitz...but I guess madden thought it was a good idea to put that in as well.

Has anyone else seen this kind of crap while they're playing? I mean really a defensive lineman outrunning my receivers...how ******** can it get?
Get NFL 2k5 for 89 cents and download the updated rosters. That's how you take care of this madness.
FIGHT FOR OLD D.C.!
Old 10-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

just use custom sliders if you are not happy with your IQ sliders
Old 10-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
just use custom sliders if you are not happy with your IQ sliders
Well but the thing is I still win most of the time even with the ridiculous AI...if I make it any easier i usually win by 3 or 4 touchdowns
Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanekutter05
Well but the thing is I still win most of the time even with the ridiculous AI...if I make it any easier i usually win by 3 or 4 touchdowns
well the sliders you mentioned with IQ are why it seems easy...you said your run defense is at 10 which is extremely easy...turn it all the way to the right to make it the hardest...(you still wont give up a ton of yards but you will give up more than 25)

if the game is too easy just turn everything all the way to the right...that is a level above all madden.

if i am misunderstanding what you are saying i apologize but my impression is that it is too easy for you???
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »