Home

Total Control Throwing for Madden 2010...tell me what you think

This is a discussion on Total Control Throwing for Madden 2010...tell me what you think within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Read my new idea for a QB system. Should Madden try this
Good idea - I think this or something similar to this would be cool 7 19.44%
Bad idea - hope they never try. It would be just another gimmick 18 50.00%
Its a start, but it needs a few tweaks 9 25.00%
Not certain 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Total Control Throwing for Madden 2010...tell me what you think

Here is a new idea for a throwing system. Read this post and my next post before voting. The second post can be viewed as advanced controls or just another option. I realize its too late for Madden 2010...but this would be great for Madden 2011

Throwing will now be mapped to the rt analog.

push forward = normal throw/if no pull back it will be a lob
pull back push forward - power on throw...the further you pull back and longer you hold it. the more power. For close throws that means bullet. For longer throws that means distance. For QB with strong arms this means a big difference that pull back is noticeable. For guys with weak arms you need to pull back to get anything onit. For guys with quick releases they will hit that max strenght quicker. (we are talking split seconds)
Push stick directly rt or left (situational) - lateral
leaning stick rt or left during forward motion - leading the receiever (for QBs with high accuracy ratings...this might not be necasssary...as the ratings go down the more it is needed to do this...especially with good coverage)

Clicking down on the RT will allow you to go into running moves

To lead the reciever you can push it towards either side as you are moving the analog stick

Here is the thing...each reciever is mapped to the R1,R2,L1,L2 on PS3 and RT,RB,LT,LB on the 360. Hitting LT and RT at the same time could be hitting the 5th reciever. Hitting RB and LB could be throwing the ball away.

So as you are passing you need to hit those buttons on the push forward or release motion....otherwise its a pump fake. In this way you can pump fake in a direction towards a safety to get him to move.

This mechanic will make throwin on the run harder
it will make it feel like you are throwing the ball.

now i dont play Madden...i was a 2K guy. So i dont know the current control scheme that well, but tell me what you guys think

Last edited by MaverickisBack; 12-28-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Total Control Throwing for Madden 2010...tell me what you think

Another version that would be simpler

Rt analog...push the stick towards where you want the ball to go. Along with the button for the intended reciever. Pull back and push forward for more power.the more you push back the more power. In this way you can lead your guy on your own. so if a WR is doing a slant route...you wouldnt push towards the side of the reciever. You would push straight...assuming the QB was in the middle of the feild.

If the WR was on the lt side and did a slant. and lets say the QB was rolling lt. You would push it forward and right
Old 12-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

I think its a good idea. its kinda like mlb 2k8 pitching controls
Old 12-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
I think its a good idea. its kinda like mlb 2k8 pitching controls
i personally hate the 2K system for basball, but in critiqing it for 2k baseball it seemed perfect for football
Old 12-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 27

I completely love the idea of analog stick passing, provided that it's a selectable option and not a forced function. BackBreaker is said to have that, but with no publisher it's not promising that BB will ever see the light of day...

My only concern is with the accuracy of direction with the 360 analog stick. I know I've had my troubles with that. If that can be worked out, I think this would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I completely love the idea of analog stick passing, provided that it's a selectable option and not a forced function. BackBreaker is said to have that, but with no publisher it's not promising that BB will ever see the light of day...

My only concern is with the accuracy of direction with the 360 analog stick. I know I've had my troubles with that. If that can be worked out, I think this would be great.
Thanks...this feature might get me to buy a Madden. I noticed this idea hasnt gotten much support. I hope that some of the no votes could comment. I would like to hear...why not
Old 12-29-2008, 01:21 AM   #7
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

I voted no, mainly because I've had major problems with the analog sticks being inaccurate in other games (Skate, Blitz). Also the idea of having a receiver button be the same the running moves doesn't suit my fancy. I don't trust EA to implement that correctly, nor do I trust myself to use it correctly haha. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I voted no.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
I voted no, mainly because I've had major problems with the analog sticks being inaccurate in other games (Skate, Blitz). Also the idea of having a receiver button be the same the running moves doesn't suit my fancy. I don't trust EA to implement that correctly, nor do I trust myself to use it correctly haha. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I voted no.
i thought those moves were mapped to the face buttons and Rt analog. if so then map the recievers to the face buttons

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »