Home

RAVENS versus TITANS: Definition of NFL Playoff Intensity

This is a discussion on RAVENS versus TITANS: Definition of NFL Playoff Intensity within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 16
RAVENS versus TITANS: Definition of NFL Playoff Intensity

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the length of my post but I said a tiny little prayer with 5:40 to go in the 2nd quarter. No, it wasn't for an injury or anything - I was praying that Mr. Cummings & Tiburon were watching/recording the broadcast of this game! The audio track alone could serve as perfect reference material for an incredible video game experience in Madden 2010 and beyond.

The level of ENERGY coming from an NFL Playoff game can no longer be referred to as energy - it becomes POWER. Listen to the crowd every time the QB hits an open receiver. The crunch of the hits when Ray Lewis relieves a man of his helmet and sends his body crumbling to the ground. The building energy of the announcers as plays develop. The gut-wrenching shriek of 60,000 fans when the home team throws an INT...followed by the coming tide of a roar when the opposing team takes the field. The clash of voices as play goes into the sidelines and players & refs start shouting, and when appropriate: deafening silence.

The tone is set early with cut scenes of players hyping each other up, extra touches we don't get in the regular season. The mantra on both sidelines - WIN OR GO HOME. These are our gladiators and every stadium is a colosseum.

This level of intensity was the reality - and in 2009 video games have to come harder than reality. Madden Dev Team, please come out swinging hard with that 5.1 audio this year. I want to see Madden win an Emmy for audio innovation. Combine the streaming audio technology that gives me an interactive orchestral score in FPS games with the rich library of sounds for every situation from NFL Films, even down to all 32 QB's voices.

Here at home, I was in another room and the AUDIO was so incredible from this game it made me drop what I was doing - I had to watch THE PLAYOFFS. This is the level of excitement Madden should bring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: RAVENS versus TITANS: Definition of NFL Playoff Intensity

wow lol
Old 01-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

While I agree with you, we just had a thread that said the same thing during last week's playoff games.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

I dunno what it says about the Titans, but the fact the Ravens have 31 rushing yards and 130 passing yards at the start of the 4th quarter and are leading is incredible to me.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

It's definitely rockin out there at LP. You can here the crowd over the commentators. That is NFL playoff intensity at its best. I hope Madden '10 finally captures true playoff atmosphere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

dude I dont even want to talk about this game right now man..I wish my ravens would just use the nano blitz.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 01-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

The fact is that the Ravens have taken almost half of the 4th quarter away for no gain in yards, but they are still leading.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
The fact is that the Ravens have taken almost half of the 4th quarter away for no gain in yards, but they are still leading.

spoke too soon man.... idn man I got a bad feeling about this..im doubting all the way...
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »