Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #33
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

This was posted at the Inside EA Sports Blog, but I am not sure if you guys respond there:

If someone does a smart route on a slant and it moves from short/medium to a deep route (3rd & long), which accuracy rating takes precedence? Is the rating dependent on distance or route?

This looks really great and I look forward to seeing it in NCAA 10 as well. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by cdj; 02-23-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6
Icon10 Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Ding ding ding! We have a winner folks!

Well done tyler289, Big Ben in fact has the highest throw on the run rating for Madden 10.
I hope you put Garcia right up there with him Donny. While we don't know what team he'll be playing for, and he isn't as good a player as Big Ben he made some great scrambling plays for the Bucs and not all short yardage throws.

You guys are doing an awesome job by the way. Hanging for Madden 10!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #35
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
# Have any ideas of other places we could possibly use layered blending that we may not have thought of?
The only thing that comes to mind Ian is when a Receiver catches a ball near a sideline and he begins the animation inbounds but is clearly out of bounds but the call is still a completion. Or if a Receiver is Inbounds but is called out.

Even if you reviewed those plays the calls would always stand. I wish i had a video but I never kept one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
This was posted at the Inside EA Sports Blog, but I am not sure if you guys respond there:

If someone does a smart route on a slant and it moves from short/medium to a deep route (3rd & long), which accuracy rating takes precedence? Is the rating dependent on distance or route?

This looks really great and I hope it is in NCAA 10 as well. Keep up the good work.
I'm pretty sure that it will dependent on the distance of the route.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

For the first time in many years, I'm really anticipating madden 10. Glad you are the guys working on this game. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Ding ding ding! We have a winner folks!

Well done tyler289, Big Ben in fact has the highest throw on the run rating for Madden 10.
Donny, I have a question: Now that we have this new throw on the run rating (I love it but it's not good for my boy Eli ) how will the animations work? If someone is scrambling outside the tackles and their throwing hand is facing forward (the end zone they are trying to score in). Now I see "O" receiver open and throw it to him. Will the QB just throw the ball like so or will he stop and throw?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #39
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
The only thing that comes to mind Ian is when a Receiver catches a ball near a sideline and he begins the animation inbounds but is clearly out of bounds but the call is still a completion. Or if a Receiver is Inbounds but is called out.

Even if you reviewed those plays the calls would always stand. I wish i had a video but I never kept one.

same here

just happened to me last week
Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 16

good stuff mang......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »