Home

Facemask and helmet updates

This is a discussion on Facemask and helmet updates within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #33
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Facemask and helmet updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Exactly YOU don't get it. You come in here like everything we are listing/posting will be added. This is a wish list type thread. Its not like any of this has been seriously considered. Do you see any of the Dev team's members in here discussing?

We aren't saying these things are of the highest priority. Simply composing a number of screens that show off the style that should eventually be included.

Why come in slapping all our ideas down? Why be such a troll? THATS what I DON'T get.
To me, I know the gameplay is being adapted and adjusted me badgering the dev's about it like EVERYONE else isn't going to do much.

I like to bring things to their attention that most others wouldn't bring up, and to me for realisim it definatly starts with the helmets.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #34

KANE699's Arena

First comment on the page from Ian's latest blog, looks like im not the only one.

"I HAVE A LONG LIST OF THINGS I WANT IN MADDEN 10. YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE EVERY CURRENT HELMET AND FACEMASK THAT IS USED TODAY, YOU GUY SHOULD PUT IN THESE NEW HELMETS:THE SCHUTT ION 4D AND SCHUTT AIR XP ASLO YOU GUYS SHOULD INCLUDE THE RIDDELL REVOLUTION SPEED HELMET.INCLUDE DIFFERENT JERSEY CUTS LIKE TIGHT,LOOSE,AND MEDIUM, MAKE THE SLEEVELESS JERESIES LOOK REALER AND TIGHT FITTING.HAVE NAME BRAND EQUIPMENT LIKE REEBOK,NIKE,AND UNDER ARMOUR.TO BE SPECIFIC PUT NAME BRAND HELMETS,GLOVES,CLEATS,WRISTBANDS,VISORS.ETC.... HAVE SHORT SLEEVE AND MEDIUM UNDER ARMOUR SHIRTS.INCLUDE HAND WARMERS WHEN ITS COLD.HAVE A OPTION WHERE YOU CAN DECIDE TO PUT A SKULLCAP ON A PLAYER, HAVE DIFFERENT SELECTIONS OF CHINSTRAPS. PUT IN BACKPLATES AND RIB PROTECTERS."
Old 03-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Maybe they can work on the pro bowl helmets instead of making sure all 75 different kinds of helmets are in the game. I use like 2 in my franchise. I guess some people DON'T get it.
I agree 100%, get the pro bowl helmets right first for sure. Thats a much bigger over site then face masks. I think right facemasks are a nice thing. But its something you add after you have a great playing game(facemasks, towels, wrist bands, GRASS, are all things perfected after the game plays great)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #36

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I agree 100%, get the pro bowl helmets right first for sure. Thats a much bigger over site then face masks. I think right facemasks are a nice thing. But its something you add after you have a great playing game(facemasks, towels, wrist bands, GRASS, are all things perfected after the game plays great)
For about the 7th time posted in this thread, stop saying they have more important things to worry about, they have separate divisions for the game all devoted to different things, Ian is clearly working on gameplay while others are working on franchise, presentation and etc.

Jesus christ.

I already made a thread about pro bowl helmets and team patches on the uniforms for the game in Hawaii. It also lists getting the superbowl patches on the players and specific team end zones.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #37

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
Hey Guys,

I have kids to feed, let's chill on the we don't care about art talk

We have plans to edit every player in the game to get the body and gear right. Some of the early results are incredible.

As for the talk of the editor even if we had a great editor, we would still want to put efforts into shipping a game that is accurate for those that don't have the time and or the eye to edit everything.

-MikeY
Proof right here that there are specific people and groups setup to work on just this exact thing, Im not asking for something that isn't being payed any attention to.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #38
Banned

Not having the right helmets, uniforms, or "C"s on teams that dont wear them can Ruin someones experience.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #39

KANE699's Arena

I wouldn't go as far as to say is ruins my experience but it does piss me off a little bit seeing as how they have an NFL license and cant get the uniforms or helmets right all the time.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I wouldn't go as far as to say is ruins my experience but it does piss me off a little bit seeing as how they have an NFL license and cant get the uniforms or helmets right all the time.

Well it ruins mine, and i bet im not the only one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »