Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to WR/DB Interaction

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to WR/DB Interaction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Latest Madden NFL 10 blog - WR/DB Interaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Ian could you make sure of something for the DB to WR assignment feature. Could you make sure if I assign a Safety to the TE, that the OLB or MLB will not swap out with the Safety. On the old games this happened and it created a problem with the fronts I wanted to use.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 12

Great blog. I'm starting to wonder how much more we could be told before release day cause the so-called little news isn't so little lol.
(Less then 30 Mondays away till the game releases )

Question about the jostling. Any chance we might see this for punt returns too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

If I ever saw this in Madden where the match-up called for it...
Old 03-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 13

Wow this should make a huge difference now. No longer will we have the 99 speed WR at 65 overall dominating Champ Baily. Thanks for all the hard work guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #92
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Ian could you make sure of something for the DB to WR assignment feature. Could you make sure if I assign a Safety to the TE, that the OLB or MLB will not swap out with the Safety. On the old games this happened and it created a problem with the fronts I wanted to use.
Another reason why strong & free safeties need to automatically line up on the correct sides, and why weak & strong OLBs need to be designated & automatically line up on the correct sides.

Match ups just got that much more important.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Another reason why strong & free safeties need to automatically line up on the correct sides, and why weak & strong OLBs need to be designated & automatically line up on the correct sides.

Match ups just got that much more important.
Yep, I forgot also Ian, if I match up one OLB or ILB on a TE, make sure the other OLB or ILB does not Swap with him. I'm doing this on purpose to create fronts with my defense. Make sure nobody swaps with nobody. I want to be able to use the match up screen to create fronts. This is exactly how I built a crazy defense for 2k4 and it was fun doing it because I had a unique D
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #94
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I second that. Last gen had all kinds of funky stuff happening when you used assignments, like LB's at CB and stuff like that.

Also, I would like to make one small request. Can we PLEASE have the name of the CB's and WR's shown pre snap so we can know who's covering who? On last gen, I could never tell if my opponent had assigned someone to my WR because the names of the defensive players was not displayed. I usually found out after I threw a pick or something and saw his name come up then. Other than that, the info was good as usual. Can't wait til next week already!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 10

id hate to be a buzzkill but that arm bar animation looked really cheesy.
maybe its just the player models in the video i dont know.
but i hope thats not the only way the cb can keep the receivers in check they dont just use there arms they use there body as well (bumping)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
id hate to be a buzzkill but that arm bar animation looked really cheesy.
maybe its just the player models in the video i dont know.
but i hope thats not the only way the cb can keep the receivers in check they dont just use there arms they use there body as well (bumping)
I think there is a wide variety of jostling animations...as Ian said in the blog..."We've added a lot of variety that ranges from minor hand-fighting to severe push-offs and holds"

So we should see plenty of different bumping animations I hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »