Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #97
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Franchise Mode Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Lastly, any word on weekly progressions? I loved the week 5, 11, 17 progressions. I thought that was VERY sim. that allowed good players to go up as the year went on like Wess Wlker and players like Favre who underperformed to drop in steado f staying at their ratting all season long. It also allowed fora mid season turn around. maybe you start off cold and then got better stablisising your ratting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I have another important question.

Will progression still only occur at the end of the season?

Just speculating here, but if Donny & Josh use the HeadCoach formula (which is looks like they will), then progression/regression will occur in small amounts all season long; not just during specific weeks or at the end of the year.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #98
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Also, with the pre-created rookies, as great as it sounds that there won't be ******** looking rookies it poses as a problem. A person said in another thread that if there are 224 picks (actually if EA added in restricted FA's then there should also be compensation picks) and you go through 15-30 seasons of franchise, wouldn't you just see the same guy over and over if you made a new franchise? You would know who is who and what they are rated. Unless they have 500,000 players and make it where the system doesn't allow the same player in different Franchises then this will be a huge problem.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 37

Let's hope for an RPG style free agent blog at some point in the near future.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #100
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The New Franchise Blog!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Plus, I'm sure it is back in, but there needs to be a TRAINING CAMP.
I hated this feature because it wasn't fair to the computer controlled teams. Also it was very limited. Oh, this year Patric Willis is going to go to training camp, but becasue I drafted an OLB to help out my LB core, Willis isn't in the mood to go to training came, ie. I had to seend my new rookie in his stead. the very concept of select palyers being able to partake in mini games to improve upon thier already progressed sates is un-sim and unrealisitc and un-fair. I would bypass all mini camp/training camp because if doen well your teams would become super duper when the computer was lagging behind.

I tihnk there should be some sort of taining camp/sumer camp but jsut for the sake or hacing players work out and stay in year-round shape. i don't think these camps should greatly improve your players as this is a standard for all nfl players.

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-06-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
You might even see a few famous rookies make a re-appearance from those drafts.
I think that will be pretty cool!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 14

I am truly excited to hear about all the things being addressed in franchise. I don't really think they need to add so many things as much as fixing the things that exist.

The only thing I'm a little nervous about is the pre-made rookies. I just don't see myself liking this. I like the random classes where each franchise season is unique.

It's probably too late to go back from pre-set rookies but here's hoping it works out.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #103
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Here's what I wanna know...

The blog seemed to indicate that there will be a whole new way to scout players, and that if you scout well enough, you'll be able to even see certain ratings for these rookies.

The blog then said that we shouldn't fall in love with the workout warriors, and to not soley go on the numbers--such as the 40 or bench press.

I'm curious--what else do we have to go on? Now, maybe they are saving this for a later date, but unless we can play with these rookies in a College Senior Bowl game, or work them out at the combine, or at least see their full college stats...aren't we relegated to only going off of their measurables and a few lines of text that states what the player is good at and who they best compare to?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good stuff. It looks promising for this year.

I'm a little leery of too much progression based on performance. I don't want my young QB not to progress because he's on the bench for seasoning. Also, it sometimes makes me feel like I'm playing to build stats for my guys, not win the game. Like if I'm up (or down) by 30 points, that I should keep pounding away with my starting RB to pad his stats. I'd like to see maybe coaching have a bigger part, and maybe much of it be random, or something else creative.

OTOH, I like the sharper falloff of older guys. RB's are almost ALWAYS are done by 30. Anyone want to take bets that LT's best days are way behind him? Ironically (refer to previous paragraph), the guys that pass that barrier aren't the ones who've had awesome careers, but ones who have didn't get a lot of carries early in their career and aren't beaten up. This goes for Priest and Tiki. Someone mentioned Corey Dillon had his best year for the Pats at 30, which is dubious (he had some great years for Cinci), but he was pretty much done after that. I hope older players CAN beat the odds, but it really is super-unlikely, and should almost never happen.

I'm sold enough that if they give me a reason to believe that line play won't totally suck, I'm gettin' it. (I swore off Madden after last year's nightmare).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »