Home

Why All the negative Vibes?

This is a discussion on Why All the negative Vibes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Why All the negative Vibes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Its an inevitable ebb and flow..

Honeymoon..divorce..honeymoon

people will come back around..
+1

People see something they like, many positive threads and comments flow for a period of time.

Next something controversial or less interesting is released and many people take it as a negative and run with it.

In general it seems like human nature is more willing to be outspoken over things they dispute than to congratulate things they agree with and build upon that.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
You say that Ian and company have not disappointed you yet? Have you played Madden 10 yet? If not, then how do you know that it will be different from the last several games? I am also curious to know of something that Ian has implemented in previous Madden games that is working correctly?

I like the direction that they claim they are headed in, but I need more than talk. We all know that Ian and company have worked on previous Madden games, and I am not convinced that they are as good as they portray themselves to be (I hope I am wrong).

I will remain disappointed until I have played a great Madden 10 game. I am not doubting your ability to determine what the future may hold, I am just doubtful that Madden will be as good as Ian and company are leading us to believe. I hope that I am wrong, but I have not been wrong over the past several years (in regards to Madden).

And you are correct; I did not read anything that indicated that you believe that Madden is where it should be.
It's just a gut feeling I have based on EA's interaction on the boards. We weren't privy to EA being here 2 months the draft (and before that) in the past letting the public know the small stuff in Madden 10, plus the positive vibes from the people from OS that tested the game out. EA chose some hard core critics of this generation Madden's. Your right, Ian was there the last few months of Madden 09 and worked under different management.

I'm trying to recall, but I think Ian has held his emotions in check about what Madden is offering this year. My memory might be going bad, but I don't think EA has been rah rah up to this point with Madden, unless you count the blogs or Community Day as hype.

I understand people's frustrations, including mine, about past Madden's. I'm just looking at the glass half full at this stage, and I maybe proven wrong. I hope, I'm not.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #51
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'll be honest Murry, theres apart of me that wants to completely agree with your post. And you've made some points that are pretty difficult to dispute. If not nearly impossible.

But myself....I've decided to go along for the ride this year. [again] Imo...the guy running the show, does seem to actually care about how the game will be received. And there does seem to be at least written evidents of an improved game. You are absolutely right though...the game play videos is were the rubber meets the road.

I don't blame you at all for feeling as you do. But myself...I've decided to trust at least one more time.
I wish I could feel the same way that you do, but I am tired of turning the other cheek.

At least you understand why I am skeptical. I hope that we both are able to enjoy a great Madden game this year. We deserve it!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #52
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry

At least you understand why I am skeptical. I hope that we both are able to enjoy a great Madden game this year. We deserve it!!!
I like to think I understand. Because I do have many of the same thoughts rolling around in my head too.

Yep...we certainly do deserve a great game. We've impatiently waited long enough.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #53
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Should there be positive vibes after three straight bombs and a so-so effort on next-gen consoles? I'm going to give this game a chance because I like Madden and I like some of the things than Ian and Co. have said here in the forums but I'm not going to be overly optimistic after having been so disappointed the past few years.
This 100%. I'm from Missouri - show me.

But attacking the big secret day guys just because they didn't get invited was really corny and uncalled for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »