Home

twitter hints at improved blocking!

This is a discussion on twitter hints at improved blocking! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: twitter hints at improved blocking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
307 yards and 6 TD's for a running back? I guess the new Adaptive AI isn't quite where they'd like it to be yet.
I thought Adaptive AI was a playcalling thing? If that's the case, then I don't expect you should see much if any Adaptive AI when playing head to head.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

The only issue I personally experienced (that I can recall) in the run game was running to the outside. I felt it was a little too easy to gain chunks of yards even without a homerun hitter such as Marion Barber.

But B.Jacobs is a task to bring down in this game and rightfully so as much as it hurts to admit that LOL.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The only issue I personally experienced (that I can recall) in the run game was running to the outside. I felt it was a little too easy to gain chunks of yards even without a homerun hitter such as Marion Barber.

But B.Jacobs is a task to bring down in this game and rightfully so as much as it hurts to admit that LOL.
Hell, half his runs he doesn't even go down. They gotta blow the play dead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I thought Adaptive AI was a playcalling thing? If that's the case, then I don't expect you should see much if any Adaptive AI when playing head to head.
i thought adaptive AI meant that if BJ was running all over you the LB's or DB's would realize this and keep their eyes on him.. that they would learn that he's running all the time and start breaking on the plays. BJ will never run for 300 in real life... NEVER.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #13
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

Agreed but I think there is a limit, especially considering the most yards he has ever rushed for was in 2007 against the bills to a tune of 145 yards.

It's debatable I guess on if he could gain more or not since the giants do run a 3 back system but still. I think some of the stuff he was doing in the game was a bit much.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Actually, Adaptive AI is supposed to be useful in head-to-head play as well:

"Having individual defenders make realtime adjustments meant that we could implement Adaptive AI for online and head-to-head play as well (i.e. not just for the CPU players). So if your opponent starts running something that is becoming overly effective, and you don’t feel like you can’t stop it with your play calling, then at least your teammates will start learning how to stop it on their own."

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...en-nfl-10.aspx
Old 04-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
It's debatable I guess on if he could gain more or not since the giants do run a 3 back system but still. I think some of the stuff he was doing in the game was a bit much.
Agreed and it was definitely something I emphasized in my feedback document.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The biggest problem with the running game was the linebackers. There were a few glitches in the pursuit logic.

First, they'd make their read step and still drop into a zone even after seeing the ball was handed off.

Second, outside linebackers would inexplicably step inside, as though they were trying to stay parallel with the back, on outside running plays.

Fixing these two problems will make a world of difference. Broken tackles never seemed a big issue... in fact, Dave held Jacobs in check on me. The only big play I had with him was on a dump that isolated him on a safety.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 04-20-2009 at 02:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »