Home

If ratings really mean something this year, than EA should....

This is a discussion on If ratings really mean something this year, than EA should.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: If ratings really mean something this year, than EA should....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron8
In a 100 yard race WITH pads on and a football in hand, I'd take $100 on Reggie Bush vs Bolt
I wouldn't take reggie in the 100 yard race but I would put 100 on him winning the first 5 yards, probably even the first 10. Those are much more important on a football field anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 33

What is this magical 100 yard race you guys are talking about? I've never heard of it
Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #27
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
What is this magical 100 yard race you guys are talking about? I've never heard of it
100 yards = a football field.

We know Bolt would win a 100 METER race. That includes a track. That wasnt the point.

Last edited by sb24; 04-22-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 12

This isn't the NTL. National Track League.

Putting 12 pounds of pads on the guys, put him on turf, maybe add some weather (cold, rain, snow) and line someone up against him that is looking to inflict some pain and lets see how fast he is.

This is to say the guy CAN even catch the ball while running. If you think it is easy to catch a ball throw 40 yards while running your *** off in pads with someone running next to you trying to get the ball or stop you from catching it, well you never played the game.

This is like putting a NASCAR in a off road race and expecting it to be just as fast.

I personally think when they do 40 times at the combine they should do them from the players stance, in pads, and on turf. Otherwise, it frequently does not equate well.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I wouldn't take reggie in the 100 yard race but I would put 100 on him winning the first 5 yards, probably even the first 10. Those are much more important on a football field anyway.
Yup. I wouldn't even be surprised if a guy like Bush would win the first 20 yards or so.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Oh how I pray ratings truly mean what they should in M10.

A lot of my enjoyment with the coming game rests right there....with meaningful player ratings.
I am right there with you man....
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
only 95 SPD...more like 104, probably would take into account "football speed" but idk.
Ya they must be accounting the pads, but even when taking into account, Bolt is the fastest recorded human being in history (with him not even running all the way through the 100 meters). Add pads on him and he'll still be faster than anyone else. From last years rating system with Hester being a 100, he should be like 120+ (ok maybe going over the top) but you guys get my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #32
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
Yup. I wouldn't even be surprised if a guy like Bush would win the first 20 yards or so.
Not to mention the fact that Bolt's strength isn't his speed out of the gate. Watch his 100 M race from the Olympics. He doesn't even get the lead until about halfway down the track.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »