Home

Play Clock in madden 10

This is a discussion on Play Clock in madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #41
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Play Clock in madden 10

This is pretty much been talked about plenty. The answer in madden 10 the accelarated clock they put in this year. Problem solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is online 15 min accel clock yet? I hate how people can run out entire quarters and keep the possessions low. It keeps weak players in games and even lets them squeak out some wins.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #43
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
Is online 15 min accel clock yet? I hate how people can run out entire quarters and keep the possessions low. It keeps weak players in games and even lets them squeak out some wins.
no it doesn't. stop them. I hate it when people run the clock to one sec range to snap the ball from ana nnoyance factor, but if they are a weak player it doesn't matter what they do. if they hold on to the ball and keep the score close and eak out a win, they were better than you [at least in that game.] Afterall, if you were the better player in that game, you would have held them to 4th down and punt/fail 4th down. I am not perfect every game, however if I am on my game and they are bad/off thier game, It doesn't matter if they run the hurry up or drain the clock, if they are bad, they are bad. End of the line.

EDIT: I love how players who cheese [not saying you, just cheese players] say it is my job to stop you and how they are using the game the way the video game was designed, but when i respond by milking the LIFE out out of the clock to my advantage to hold onto a lead and or make my game leading/winning drive and I take 7min to do it they complain. If you [genaric cheese players out there] think it is fine to play how you do, then respect the fact that the game is only 5min quarters with a 40sec play clock. Madden 09 and prior do not have sim gameplay, so quit complining when others abuse un-sim clock useage to beat you.

If anything, abusing the clock is far more sim and tactical than what you the cheesers do to win. The difference is how little time there is to play. "We are playing a video game, not real football" is a common line from them, okay then, stop me from draining the clock and keeping you from playing offense.

Last edited by PGaither84; 06-25-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #44
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
This makes no sense to me. A player who holds onto the ball (that is, converting first downs) and milks the clock is a weak player? Then a "good player" is someone who either scores quickly or punts quickly?

ToP is huge, and controlling the clock is the sign of a good football team. The more your offense is on the field, the less time your opponent has to score. That's just fundamental football.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

The 5 min qtrs with 40 second play clock cuts down on possessions, that means there's too much importance on each possession. Anyone can get 1 or 2 scores and 1 or 2 stops. 15 min accel clock would mean you need a BUNCH of scores and/or a BUNCH of stops to win the game, like the real NFL There's a reason the game is 60 minutes, and there's a reason they have accel clock for offline. It's how the game is supposed to be played. It's time to put it online. If you can run put togther a 10+ play drive, okay you get a huge chunk of the clock. Shouldn't mean you take up an entire quarter and more.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »