Home

Extremely dissapointed...

This is a discussion on Extremely dissapointed... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Extremely dissapointed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I was being genuine. I wasn't trying to insult you, or be slick or sly or whatever. I was honestly trying to keep our conversation above that level.

As far as me not being able to handle being called whatever...

Dude, I've been through absolute hell in life, I've actually lived hell on earth. I could care less...
Sounds like you need a hug (just joking). I respect your views and opinions, and I hope your life is better now. I have been known to love a good debate, and I would never single people out for no reason.

Once again, I hope that what you are saying about Madden is true, because most of us do not care who makes a great game, we just want a great game of football. Just because we point out something, does not mean we hate EA. Most of us just love football and want to be able to finally play a great football game from EA.

I hope that I feel the same way you do after 8-12-2009. Then maybe we can play online and really talk some serious trash.

Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 6

Im reserving any judgement until I play the finished product.Thats all that matters. Its like me seeing pictures of my kid on ultrasound at various stages.Thats cool but aint nothing like holding the real thing.Im just remembering it was Ian who said they wanted to make a game where they were never compared to 2k5 again.We are waiting.I dont care bout screenshots , all these green screen videos, the cover , I just want to see the finished product.A game that is going to make me forget 2k5.The one that you have in your office.4 months to put up or shut up.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
Sounds like you need a hug (just joking). I respect your views and opinions, and I hope your life is better now. I have been known to love a good debate, and I would never single people out for no reason.

Once again, I hope that what you are saying about Madden is true, because most of us do not care who makes a great game, we just want a great game of football. Just because we point out something, does not mean we hate EA. Most of us just love football and want to be able to finally play a great football game from EA.

I hope that I feel the same way you do after 8-12-2009. Then maybe we can play online and really talk some serious trash.

Peace.

I appreciate that man, it goes a long way.

Yeah, I hear you about that game. I was one of those guys that just slandered EA for the next-gen Madden releases. They had no excuse imo. Then last year, Ian came around and changed a couple things in '09 at the last min...

I was like cool, they finally starting to listen you know? This year, I'm telling you bro...you will not be disappointed in M10. If your a football fan, and a gamer like myself...you want this game.

It'll have some flaws, sure...and they'll get that corrected in the form of a patch...but, overall the game will be worth the money imo.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #124
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7

At this rate Madden will always be a cool videogame, but it won't be anything that can be considered a simulation of the sport. They're just now adding technology that 2k had back in 2005, and EA's implementation of that same technology isn't near as effective.
Really, 2k had 9 man gang tackles, fumble pile ups and procedural awareness? Man, I need to break out 2k8 and play a little more, looks like I missed a lot.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
And the game play looks EXACTLY the same, besides one or 2 new tackles......very disappointing.
??????????? This looks pretty different to me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madden 10 Pro Tak.jpg (49.5 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Golden28; 04-24-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #126
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Really, 2k had 9 man gang tackles, fumble pile ups and procedural awareness? Man, I need to break out 2k8 and play a little more, looks like I missed a lot.

A form of procedural awareness. But, you know what I mean and what I'm referring to, so let's not break down semantics just to create arguments. Of course everything going into Madden isn't the same as 2k5 or 2k8, of course there are some new things, I would HOPE SO. That's expected.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #127
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
A form of procedural awareness. But, you know what I mean and what I'm referring to, so let's not break down semantics just to create arguments. Of course everything going into Madden isn't the same as 2k5 or 2k8, of course there are some new things, I would HOPE SO. That's expected.
No, I don't know what you mean, or what you expect from that trailer. First, It's a work in progress; second, there also in game footage that was shown on ESPN this morning, and it does the work that Ian & company have done a little more justice.

You mean to tell me that you expected pile ups and 9 man gang tackles to be present in M10 ? Those things have historically never been a football video game. Think of how pile ups with affect short yardage situations. QB sneaks and short yardage runs will be so much more realistic this year, as will goal line situations. We'll actually be able to jump over the pile this year.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #128
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
No, I don't know what you mean, or what you expect from that trailer. First, It's a work in progress; second, there also in game footage that was shown on ESPN this morning, and it does the work that Ian & company have done a little more justice.

You mean to tell me that you expected pile ups and 9 man gang tackles to be present in M10 ? Those things have historically never been a football video game. Think of how pile ups with affect short yardage situations. QB sneaks and short yardage runs will be so much more realistic this year, as will goal line situations. We'll actually be able to jump over the pile this year.

lol. Semantics again, you're twisting my words around to create your argument. I never said I expected those specific aspects, but what I do expect are some sort of advancements over a game that was developed back in 04/05. Everyone does and that could include anything. But, since you bring that up, no I'm not blown away by a videogame using pile ups and gang tackles in 2010.

I'm sorry, but as a sim fan I'm not going to be impressed by them getting the basic aspects and fundamentals of football correct. Realistic QB sneaks and jumping over piles is not going to make this into a simulation football game, those aspects are the least of my worries when it comes to Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »