Home

Madden NFL 10: Top Ten Position Ratings (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Top Ten Position Ratings (Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #57
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 10: Top Ten Position Ratings (Gamespot)

I am concerned about the scaling down of ratings as well. I thought there would be more of it, these are the final ratings? Hopefully Donny can elaborate on this.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #58
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

Lol at matt lineart. But to be fair Vince Young should be the same or lower than matt's rating.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigorousXChris
For DeAngelo Hall, he played horrible in Raiders in comparison to Chris Johnson and Nnamdi. Chris Johnson gave up 1 TD and Nnamdi gave up 0. Opponents threw at Hall all day and got torched. So you have to take in consideration that he was horrible with the Raiders and pretty much the worse corner in the league during the time.

Even if he played decent or well with the Skins, you still have to take consideration how poorly he played in comparison to people who replaced him or opposite side of him. So with the Raiders who had one of the worse defenses, Chris Johnson and Nnamdi were still able to hold their ground.

I would rate him around high 70's just because he can play cover 2 decent. Other than that he sucks in everything else.
What's the point in doing roster updates if you're not going to acknowledge that he played well in Washington? Isn't that the whole point of doing roster updates? So that if a player starts playing better or poorer the game can change it's ratings to reflect that?

I'm not saying he's a top 10 corner, but he's MUCH better than the paltry 63 that the game has him rated at.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 7

LOL at some of the homer's ratings (Pennington a 91? LAWL).

Im usually pretty spot on with Donny as far as ratings go, so here are a few issues i have.

1)Tony Romo- This guy had a TERRIBLE season, while Rivers played like a stud, Tony should be down at number 10 of the QB's. Bump him down some. Move him down to 10, everyone else up one spot.

2)Jones Drew- This guy has never handled the starting job, and is rated top 10 over guys like chris johnson, and Jacobs?? Bump mojo down he doesnt deserve it.

3)Barber- Same as jones drew, except he got the gig last year, and really wasnt all that successful. I think he should take a bump down.

4)Westbrook-I just don't see this guys skillset as a 97, hes not that good running the football, hes a versatile back who can make some big plays, but he wouldnt be the 2nd back id choose if i was drafting a team myself.

5)Leinart, i think this guy took to much of a bump, hes still a decent prospect, i think he should be like 73, with 85 potential.

6)I think roddy white is a little too high, hes a stud, but more a low 90's stud.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

rivers played better than all the qbs if u take away those horrible fumbles.dhall should not be destroyed by that degrading rating he should be a 76
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #62
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
i dissagree with kurt warner he had boldin and fitz to throw to no wonder why he had a good season.
he should be rated no higher then a 85
fact

also im hoping in franchise mode players can accel and decel by 17+ or 17- points for the next season this means players that had great seasons go up while ones with bad seasons go down
Dead that nonsense. The Cardinals offense doesn't go without Warner. Point blank. He's not exactly a game manager. He's a great QB on his own right and should be around that rating.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #63
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about so and so being 1 point higher than whoever. 1 point isnt gonna make that big of a difference. Give these guys a break, jeez. The only things that I didn't agree with was Welker being above Calvin and Marshall, and Deangelo being so high after one year.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2
remember they changed how ratings work, there are very few 95+ players now...an average starting LB will no longer be around an 80-85, he'll be around 65-75. 84 for Torry Holt sounds about right...he's no longer elite (90+) he could still use a couple points maybe, but so far the ratings seem OK...way to early tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »