Home

The ability to be fired in Franchise..

This is a discussion on The ability to be fired in Franchise.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The ability to be fired in Franchise..

I'd like the option to switch to any team I want, any year that I want.

But like someone said- make two options- there is either that option, where you can stay as long as you want and go to any team you want, and option two is getting fired for doing a poor job, or the ability to go to another team who fired their gm.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #26
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I'd like an option that is from the College Hoops game...you could start an "Open Franchise," where you took over as GM for any team in the NFL...or, you could start at the bottom, at a team (like the Lions, Rams, etc) that were in the bottom of the league, and build them for a few years...if you have a few winning seasons with them, perhaps you get another offer from another team, and so on, until you end up with a dynasty, going to the superbowl or contending for deep playoff runs year after year.

If that isn't your cup of tea, I'd take being able to get fired for poor performance, or getting other job offers for good performance (ie getting the Lions to the Superbowl in the next 20 years).
Old 04-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 39

Agreed there should be some type of ramifications of driving a team into the ground. More leeway should be provided with the Lions...less leeway for the Redskins.

Something like a meter with multiple happiness factors:

Budget
Fans
Media
owner
Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #28
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Agreed there should be some type of ramifications of driving a team into the ground. More leeway should be provided with the Lions...less leeway for the Redskins.

Something like a meter with multiple happiness factors:

Budget
Fans
Media
owner
Or, if you coach the Raiders, looking at Al Davis in a manner other than revering him as God will get you fired "for cause."
Old 04-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
..sounds like a pretty sweet idea to me. If I go 2-14, 3-13, 7-9, 0-16..I better be fired. On the flipside, being forced to restart your franchise because you suck wouldn't be too sweet. So I suggest middle ground. I know it's not SUPER realistic to be fired and rehired, but I think it'd be a pretty fun, and because this is a video game (that may surprise some of you), I think it'd make sense.

Thoughts?
Wow... this is creepy!!!!! I was going to create this exact same thread this morning.

It was yesterday when i responded to the "Need my football fix-Should I pick up 09 again?" thread in which i moaned about the monotony of franchise mode that i realised that the ability to be fired changes the mind set of the franchise player.

No longer would i care about getting good stats for my players so they progress rather than winning the game itself...

No longer would i sim the playoffs because rather than them being meaningless, my owner wants/insists i get to the Conference championship or superbowl or i get fired...

No longer would i rather lose so i get a better draft pick...

Head coach had this and offered you the chance to take over another team who had fired their coach once you were fired.

If this was implemented it would make me care about my franchise, my players, my rookies that i drafted and don't want to leave...

Ultimately, it would give franchise mode a personality, depth and a level or randomness that all increase the players interest and thus enjoyment of the game.

ps. While i accept that getting fired would suck to some people, i think a better middle ground would be for the user to have the option when he/she starts the mode to turn firing on/off. (Continuing Ian's customization concept)
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #30
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

yea this was in the ps2 versions of the game..madden 07 i think was the last one i played.. did a franchise wit 2 of my boys and one got fired from the texans after 3 losing seasons and having his team operate in the red (making no money..selling no tickets, food jerseys, etc) and they gave him a choice of 4 teams to pick from.. none of which looked to good lol.. but when that screen popped up saying he was fired we were rollin' lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »