Home

Madden NFL 10 Preview: Five Things to Know (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Preview: Five Things to Know (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #41
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: ESPN: Madden 10 preview

Quote:
Although we did plan to have an achievement in the game if you were able to play an entire game of "Madden" without knocking over an official. But it's so hard to do, we had to take it out. But no, you can't Hit Stick them, and even when you run into them in the game, they won't stop your progress, you just knock them over and keep going.
This whole phrase is a little disturbing to me. This means the refs are really in the way. You rarely see a ref knocked down in a NFL game, but he's saying you rarely DON'T see it happen in Madden 10. Also, he says the ref won't stop your progress if you run into him, but I hope he at least slows down your progress. The refs are part of the field. They are not just there for show. They shouldn't be that way for the game either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #42
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Ok, so the button mashing thing is about the only let down in this entire article. I'm not sure how I really feel about it, but definitely not good.

Kickers on the sideline warming up - awesome
Pro-tak - unbelievable
QB Avoidance - awesome (I think Ian was asking about this a year or two ago, about how to implement it - controller shaking sounds great)
I was thinking the same thing but i think we should wait to hear from some of the guys who have played it and their thoughs before we write it off. It might actually turn out to be a fun mini game within the game.

Heres hoping
MLB: Red Sox, Marlins
NHL: Panthers
http://twitter.com/Badboy49er
Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
LB, i know you cant really say anything yet so im not going to press i just have a question im wondering if you can answer...Regarding the Pro-Tak tech and the gang tackling. Obviously 2K5 did a great job at this and really felt dynamic in alot of ways.

The question is do you feel Madden has finally reach and or passed this with pro-tak? It sounds like an amazing technology and i was wondering how dynamic it felt.

To me thats the biggest thing for a football game gameplay wise to feel fresh .....you know that "anything can happen" sense.

You get me?
I'll say it this way: With Pro-tak, they have a piece of tech that can leave 2k5 and 2k8 in the dust. The key word is "can." It's going to depend on how much polish they can give to it. Hopefully, they will have all the time they need.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #44
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
I dont really like button masking, hopefully there is some kind of advantage to who reached the ball 1st, which doesnt seem the direction there goin
Yeah I was worried about this as well. I KNOW I can't button mash as fast as one of my boys, so that means that when we play he'll always win these types of situations. They should make it timed based ala God of War and Resident Evil. Have a random pattern of buttons pop up and whoever responds the fastest wins the fumble. I also don't like the idea of having a meter. It kinds kills the drama of it all.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

As for the button mashing, I didn't think it was bad. Watcher made some really great suggestions for this feature though and hopefully he will show up and talk about that, because if they take even half of what he suggested for it, it'll be really cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
This whole phrase is a little disturbing to me. This means the refs are really in the way. You rarely see a ref knocked down in a NFL game, but he's saying you rarely DON'T see it happen in Madden 10. Also, he says the ref won't stop your progress if you run into him, but I hope he at least slows down your progress. The refs are part of the field. They are not just there for show. They shouldn't be that way for the game either.
Yeah that stood out to me as well... I probably see 2 refs tops knocked down in a game per year! ... so to say taht you'll have a tough time not knocking one down per game is a bit over the top... but it sounds like they don't slow you down at all, so I guess that's ok...

Also on the rumble thing... not everyone has controllers that rumble, so that sounds like an advantage to the people with more $$$.

Either way, I hope we get an option to turn taht off, cause personally I hate rumbling.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #47
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Hmmm, pro players will really stand out huh? *Drools at the Vikings Def of Line and Adrian*. Adrian should be the highest rated running back in the game.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #48
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yeah I was worried about this as well. I KNOW I can't button mash as fast as one of my boys, so that means that when we play he'll always win these types of situations. They should make it timed based ala God of War and Resident Evil. Have a random pattern of buttons pop up and whoever responds the fastest wins the fumble. I also don't like the idea of having a meter. It kinds kills the drama of it all.
Good points all around. I didn't comment on this earlier either as I'm not sure how it will work. But if it's simply based on button mashes I'll lose every time. And that will be frustrating. That part doesn't seem very sim, but we'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »