Home

THIS year would be great, but...

This is a discussion on THIS year would be great, but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #41
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: THIS year would be great, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yep. Fairly sure you could break all kinds of things by doing it but that's been our attitude towards all of it...it's your game, you should be able to do whatever the hell you want.
Then can you ask Donny or Josh to give us the ability to edit ratings during in franchise mode?

In my College Hoops 2k8 franchise, I edit player ratings at the start of every season. In my opinion, a lot of the top recruits aren't "NBA ready" enough, so it's not uncommon for me to scan the league and edit the attributes of the most celebrated freshman to give them a bit more 'star-power'.

In Madden, I'd like the ability to give a bit more 'star-power' to incoming rookies if I so desire (or change a players attributes to suit the progression that I believe they should have had, it's my game right?).
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 05-20-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yep. Fairly sure you could break all kinds of things by doing it but that's been our attitude towards all of it...it's your game, you should be able to do whatever the hell you want.
Awesome news!

In that case I'll need to resign Jay Feely and put him at as an O-lineman just for redemption for all those missed FGs in 2005-2006.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Yep - just worked for me.
RAD
Quote:
Double RAD
Old 05-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 26

and these are some of the reasons why i want...no need to pre order this game!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #45
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Then can you ask Donny or Josh to give us the ability to edit ratings during in franchise mode?

In my College Hoops 2k8 franchise, I edit player ratings at the start of every season. In my opinion, a lot of the top recruits aren't "NBA ready" enough, so it's not uncommon for me to scan the league and edit the attributes of the most celebrated freshman to give them a bit more 'star-power'.

In Madden, I'd like the ability to give a bit more 'star-power' to incoming rookies if I so desire (or change a players attributes to suit the progression that I believe they should of had, it's my game right?).
I was just gonna mention this once I saw Ian's quote too. I would love it if they could give us the ability to edit ratings in franchise mode. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to put in so hopefully they can get it done for this year.

MLB- New York Yankees
NFL- New York Giants
NBA- Toronto Raptors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #46

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Sounds good.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 12

Hey Ian are we going to be able to change other teams' players? I was able to do this with Head Coach and sometimes I would change a DE to OLB (which dropped his rating severely) and I was able to trade for him for MUCH cheaper.

PS, PLEASE ADD A PLAYBOOK EDITOR I BEG OF YOU IAN!!!! *clinges to leg*

*Actual time may vary.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #48
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Yep, #3 is confirmed. Kudos to Donny for remembering to get that fixed.

I just changed pretty much everything about Tom Brady in my Franchise including his throwing style. Ratings and contract were off limits.
Mr. Cummings strikes again I'm glad thats been added to the game, custimization was seriously needed in Franchise Mode. Thanks Ian.

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »