Home

Madden NFL 10 Announces Online Co-Op, Post Your Thoughts Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Announces Online Co-Op, Post Your Thoughts Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 03:58 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10 Online Co-op video

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
haha yeah you got me. I also had to keep rewinding it to make sure.
I posted a thread hopefully it doesnt get closed. The mods are on a mean streak tonight.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:01 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I posted a thread hopefully it doesnt get closed. The mods are on a mean streak tonight.
lmao I know. I thought this thread was closed before realizing it was moved. I believe your thread should stay though, seeing as how its big news.

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #99
Banned

OVR: 15

Not super exciting, but I guess team up in nba 2k9 was cooler than I thought it would be (when you could actually game started). I can see 2 players being fun on defense, but what do you do on the offensive side of the ball? I think offensive videogame football definitely lends itself to one player. Can a human player really run a quick in, or take a handoff any better than the CPU controlling the player?

This is a legitimate question as I really haven't ever played 2P football. Maybe a few minutes here or there when I was little, but I remember it basically sucked then
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 12

This an awesome announcment, what makes it better is that since it's online, each person will have a nice camera angleof there player.

I wish it had cross platform co-op multiplayer.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 7
Me and my friend have been waiting for this a long time no more taking turns now i don't gotta ruin my vibe (or whatever you wanna call it LOL) by the way i was 278-103 with avg. opponets level of 15 and i never glitch. Maybe me and my friend can get close to that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 05:19 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 7
ha!!!!! I heard online franchise i will never use that but still it's nice that they finally got that
Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 4

Fifa 2008 had 5 on 5 team play. Do EA dev teams help each other at all? that was 2-3 years ago when they came up with that.

This online co-op team play feature has the potential to be a huge part of online madden, but limiting it to 2 on 2 is going to ****** that growth. Contrary to what some of you think, Football is certainly a good game to do co-op gaming. There are 6 skill positions on offense and all 11 players on defense to choose from. This feature could easily have started with 5 on 5, or 4 on 4 at least.

But at least it's finally here, and trust me guys, you will like it a lot.

I don't understand some of ya'lls logic that this is for the casual gamer. I dont see how you can conclude that.. This feature will be good for the hardcore madden fan as well as the casual gamer. It will be good for both those who are looking for fun, and those who are competitive. It's all what you put into it. sure, just like on fifa, you might get a few guys on there who are idiots and just run around like chickens with their heads cut off, but if you run game with and/or against friends, you will easily have a very competitive game.

and yes, the biggest news is that this announcement leaves the door open for online franchise... but I fear that all it's going to be is just the next iteration of online leagues and not full blown online franchise. franchise mode itself needs to be revamped in order for it to make sense as a multiplayer game. right now it doesn't lend itself that much to be a multiplayer game. you can do it, but it still plays more like a 1 person game mode.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #104
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
Fifa 2008 had 5 on 5 team play. Do EA dev teams help each other at all? that was 2-3 years ago when they came up with that.

This online co-op team play feature has the potential to be a huge part of online madden, but limiting it to 2 on 2 is going to ****** that growth.
Flawed comparison. The total number of players on the field in American Football has 22, more than soccer. That's GOTTA be a tougher nut to crack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »