Home

Pasta Padre answering ratings questions

This is a discussion on Pasta Padre answering ratings questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #33
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pasta Padre answering ratings questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Packers Ratings!
Aaron Kampman-OLB-93
Charles Woodson-CB-93
Nick Collins-FS-93
Greg Jennings-WR-92
Al Harris-CB-90
Aaron Rodger-QB-86
Donald Driver-WR-85
Ryan Grant-HB-85
Atari Bigby-SS-80

DUDE THEY ARE STACKED!!!
YA BABY! wheres the rest!!??
Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #34
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Not well known? The dolphins are one of the most well known sports teams in the history of sports.
I think he's more or less talking about some of the players on the team.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Dallas Cowboys Analysis
These are just what I think the players should be rated, basically what I will edit them to.

QB Tony Romo 87- This rating is definitely influenced a lot because of the way we finished last season. Evaluators know Romo can ball and since becoming a starter has stats to compete with the best.
My Rating 88- I thought were he was originally was good

HB Marion Barber 88- I like this rating, the 91 or whatever it was originally was way to high. With Barber it's hard to say at times last year he looks unstoppable vs. Redskins. Then post toe injury he ran like Troy Hambrick <-- which in rating terms is a 42 overall.
My Rating 87- Until he shows me the flashes he had as a "closer" that's what he will be on my game.

HB Felix Jones 78- This is a hard rating to do because when he played last year, he was a home run waiting to happen. But he got hurt and you don't get any points for that. *Has 96 speed*
My Rating 78- I agree and with roster updates it's not a huge deal because if he plays the same his rating will rocket.

HB Tashard Choice 76- He is possibly our most complete back, we did not miss a beat with him as the starter last year. Not overly fast or elusive just above average. Good reciver out of the backfield and in blitz pick up.
My Rating 77- Choice is another example where the updated rosters will be beneficial if he gets on the field.

WR Roy Williams 84- Well what can I say comeplete dud upon arrival in Dallas. He has questionable work ethic and gives up on routes sometimes. However, he has shown flashes in his career 1,300 Yds. and at times has looked like he can do whatever he wants.
My rating 84- I know if he plays 16 games this year with a training camp under his belt he will be a 1,000 yard WR. Still though he should be a 1,200Yd.+ guy especially with a good QB.

WR Patrick Crayton 73- I really hate this guy he used to be a feel good story. 7th rd. pick makes it etc. Then he developed a swagger like T.O. problem he is only average/good. When he is in the slot he makes plays... who doesn't? When he lines up outside with the big boys he dissappears.
My Rating 75- I still think he does all the little things well blocks, route running, hands. He has no top end speed and is not overly quick though.

WR Miles Austin 71- Story is he has a real shot at being #2 this year. I have never liked him, he has really been an athlete first football player 2nd so far. Last year he started to show the flashes of coming inot his own as a route runner etc. then the injury bug.
My Rating 70- The guy has amazing speed, hops and strength. I really just have a hard time picturing this guy sit in the holes of zones and do the small things that make a WR good.

WR Sam Hurd 65- This is my boy. He is like Patrick Crayton just slightly bigger faster and can jump higher. He to me is my early favorite to be the #3 and eventually the #2. Last year really killed the momentum he had with an early season ending injury. When comparedto Austin he is more polished just does not have quite the size and definately does not posses the deep speed of Austin.
My Rating 69- This is one of my bigger disagreements he has always been shot for shot with Austin to have him 6 points lower is to much.

TE Jason Witten 97- Well what can I say the guy does everything. I think he is the #1 TE in the league right now, but Gonzalez still holds the spot on Madden.
My Rating 98- He constantly gets up the seams for big gains and when him and Romo are on it is as if a 10 yd. first down is auotmatic.

TE Martellus Bennett 75- The guy is gonna be as good as he wants to be. Great athlete and a solid blocker. The problem for him will be getting touches with Witten on the same team. The Cowboys plan to use more 2 TE packages because of him so we will see.
My rating 75- For right now the rating is right on

DE Marcus Spears 71- The guy is a pure run stuffer, he was suppossed to have pass rushing ability when we drafted him, it just never happened. I will say though he has been slightly underrated because he does such a good job against the run.
My Rating 75- He is 315 Ibs now and really holds the point allowing our LB's to make plays. No he will never be a threat against the pass.

DE Igor Olshansky 80- I don't know quite how he got this rating, he is basically a Spears clone. Amazingly strong and good against the run, little pass rush ability.
My Rating 75- Ya same as Spears to start the year and we will see how it unfolds.

NT Jay Ratliff 87- What can I say about this guy, he is 300 ibs runs a 4.8 and plays NT. He is a huge threat on passing downs and cannot be blocked 1-1. He also is crafty and knives through lines to make plays against the run.
My Rating 89- There are some 1 year wonders in the low 90's this year 7.5 sacks as a nose is like 12 as a 4-3 under tackle. Oh yeah he is not a one year wonder I was just making a point.

LOLB Anthony Spencer 72- He has not been the pass rusher the Cowboys envisioned he would be as of yet. But he was way better against the run last year then Greg Ellis. Also the coaches belive the injury early in the season last year really slowed a what would be break out year.
My rating 75- Wade Phillips is in love with him and thinks he is gonna be big. We cut Greg Ellis 80 Overall to get him on the field everydown.

ILB Bradie James 82- The guy has been solid in the past, but his 2nd year with Wade he just flourished. He lost a little weight to be more mobile and it paid off. He was more active in coverage and a huge blitz threat with 8 sacks as an ILB. One constant for him has been his run defense he is an old school mauler.
My Rating 85- I consider the 82 pretty underrated and you will see why in a second.

ILB Keith Brooking 86- What? 86 the guy is nearly finished! I don't know there are always veteran guys overrated in Madden last yr Zach Thomas this yr Brooking. I understand he can be a solid player for us an 86 in this years game is a great rating.
My Rating 80- Have fun playing 2 downs Brooking making 0 Ints and 0 sacks, kind of like Zach Thomas last year. No splash plays equlas no 86 for a rating.

ROLB DeMarcus Ware 98- Ya he is pretty good
My Rating 99- I am not a huge fan of him but the guy gets better every year.

CB Terence Newman 88- This one kind of shocked me he is widely considered a top 5 CB. He is one of the best athletes in the NFL speed,agility,qucikness and jumping. He is coming off a season in where he played 10 Gms but his talent is unquestioned.

My Rating 92- After I saw Al Harris 90 <-- Overrated, Corey Webster 90 <-- I agree Rashean Mathis 93 <-- pushin it. Anyways right now Newman is bunched up with a bunch of top 10-15 type CB's and he is clearly more talented then the guys.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu

Last edited by cowboyscowboys; 06-08-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #36
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

all you dolphins fans should relax.. remember 2 years ago y'all were 1-15 now all of a sudden your Superbowl contenders or something
Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #37
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Weak. He skipped over three Cardinals rating requests. SMH.
Yeah i noticed that, a bit upsetting, cause the Cards are the team i wanna know about.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnyrat
Agreed. Will Allen is a great cover corner. He has extremely poor hands, but he does not give up big plays. He should not be a 75 when Vontae and Sean are 78/77 and have yet to play a down in the NFL. Merling and Langford got shafted as well. We released a still productive Vonnie Holliday because they did so well last season. G Wilson is very overrated at 84. Especially with Bell at 80. Bell also has stone hands but is always in on every tackle.

I'd like to see what they have Donald Thomas at. Assuming he comes back from his pec injury and wins the starting RG spot, EA will probably have to tweak his stats. He was on IR last year despite a very promising camp where he had won the RG position.
Exactly with Allen, it makes no sense to me how he's lower than Vontae and Sean when HE is the one teaching them his technique and what it takes to be a good corner in this league. Merling and Langford should seriously be 5 or 6 points higher each, but I'm not too worried about them because I know for sure that they'll be raised higher in due time because they'll both constantly be in the spotlight at DE. Bell should certainly be higher.. if it weren't for him, I dare say that we would not have led the AFC East, he is a HUGE part of our defense.

As far as Thomas, I believe he is a 67 or so, which doesen't surprise me because no one has seen him play much. Any Fins fan would know that the FO sees something very special in him but he just hasn't played enough to prove it. As long as he stays healthy and plays this season, he will go up.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 18

i dont know how they can put the chicago bears so dam low !!! an 78 for dez clark and 82 for greg olsen is realy really really low as hell mAN!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #40
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
YA BABY! wheres the rest!!??
You gotta request em from Pasta!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »