Home

Instead Of Online Franchise How About...

This is a discussion on Instead Of Online Franchise How About... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Question Instead Of Online Franchise How About...

Online season mode where you can search play now ranked/unranked and complete multiple seasons by playing people online? You could have options to sim games, flex scheduling based on rank of players and so on. Imo this is by far more practical and more of what people would want than online franchise.

Online franchise is alienating a large percentage of people. I think this is great for people in high school/college or diehard fans but i still don't see online franchise as being practical to the masses, especially for older people who play when they got the time. As a matter of fact i believe the true people who actually play through a franchise are the people who would rather do this offline in their own time so they can control the pace.

I've played every Madden in which franchise was offered and i may have twice ever attempted a franchise, and that consisted of simming seasons in order to get to the draft. The draft was fun, but other than that it was more of a chore and haven't touched it since online play started.

So, am i in the minority with this thinking?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Instead Of Online Franchise How About...

if online franchise was removed i'd go off the deep end......i'm sure every year it's only going to improve ***check that....I hope it improves. very very thankful OF is finaly in.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Banned

Well, maybe i should have stated the thread differently. I'm not advocating taking away online franchise. I just want something added for the people who don't plan on doing it because of many reasons.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

during online season i think it will be very interesting..even more so than an Offline franchise because i know the guy that owns patriots in my OF would lose it if Brady wen't down again lol. where as offline it's not that big of a deal cause no one is making a stink about it. i mean for the last week i've been trying to work out trades for game thats 2 months down the road....what's going to be more exciting(madden-wise) than hammering out a crazy draft day trade on the last minute..i don't know...maybe i'm too excited for it.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Banned

Maybe this is or could be implemented into online franchise? I know there is the option to set one up with just 1 player. I just don't know how you would get past 1 season though this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Online season mode where you can search play now ranked/unranked and complete multiple seasons by playing people online? You could have options to sim games, flex scheduling based on rank of players and so on. Imo this is by far more practical and more of what people would want than online franchise.

Online franchise is alienating a large percentage of people. I think this is great for people in high school/college or diehard fans but i still don't see online franchise as being practical to the masses, especially for older people who play when they got the time. As a matter of fact i believe the true people who actually play through a franchise are the people who would rather do this offline in their own time so they can control the pace.

I've played every Madden in which franchise was offered and i may have twice ever attempted a franchise, and that consisted of simming seasons in order to get to the draft. The draft was fun, but other than that it was more of a chore and haven't touched it since online play started.

So, am i in the minority with this thinking?
How could you manage this you would play the same 3 teams controlled by different users. Online most people use the same 3 teams again and again how would you play a full season schedule?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
if online franchise was removed i'd go off the deep end......i'm sure every year it's only going to improve ***check that....I hope it improves. very very thankful OF is finaly in.
+1
Old 06-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars85042
How could you manage this you would play the same 3 teams controlled by different users. Online most people use the same 3 teams again and again how would you play a full season schedule?
I don't know what you're getting at. Are you saying that most people will only use the 3 best teams?

I'm saying i would like to be able to play multiple seasons against online opponents and compare my season stats to one another. It would show avg rank of player in each season also. You could have search options for specific teams and rank. You could also have flex scheduling to fill out a season and sim options or the option to play games offline against the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »