Home

Are CD members still under a non-disclosure agreement?

This is a discussion on Are CD members still under a non-disclosure agreement? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #153
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Are CD members still under a non-disclosure agreement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
The only reason for editing player attributes is to update the ratings in accordance with the Madden updates. Which still won't get your game to mimic real life because after the first year is completed players/teams will progress differently. In other words you are fighting a battle that doesn't really need to be fought. I understand the concerns, but in the long run, does it really matter?
If I had the ability to update ratings then it would allow me to edit rookies coming in if I decide some ratings need stretched further than they are. Looking at the formula provided I think press/release ratings might fall into this, the rest I will probably have to play to see.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #154
MVP

OVR: 4

wuts cd
Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #155
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

What's CD?

Community Day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 12:46 AM   #156
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
not really a franchise question, at all, but Adem, if you're still checking this thread, if you have a 4 man d-line, with a bunch of big guys up front(300lb+), can you tell the difference between that, and say a line, like the Colts, who are pretty undersized?

thanks in advance
Probably not as much as you'd like the last time I played it, but that was prior to the bug fixes Ian found. I'm not sure how much that effected things in the running game, but I felt big run stoppers were not as effective as they should be. I did make this clear to Ian, I'm not sure how well it was addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan46
Had a couple of follow up questions..... It was said that the Roster Position restrictions is still the same....but on the ESPN roster ratings 2 teams, Vikes and Saints both only have 2 HB's....(just a fluke?)
I'm pretty sure the minimum for HBs was 2, but don't quote me on that.

Quote:
And I was thinking about Salaries and the Cap....did you get to see any of this ? Because salaries always used to be based off of ratings, but now with the more spread out ratings....whats gonna happen ? Are we just gonna be way under Cap, or have salaries been redone ....
Just wonderin what it could be, because I know in past Maddens...basically the whole team would be above 70, and alot in the 80-90's and you would still have cap room.........cant even imagine what it would be like with some 50's and alot of 60-70's
There's a huge upward curve in salaries toward the top of the list. 99 rated players are gonna cost bank. That's basically where the balance went. It's better now... big time players demand big time contracts. I found myself in a very tough situation taking a QB #1 overall at one point, killed my cap in one year.

Now, it's been tweaked since this time, so I don't know if it remained that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Gaither brings up another big problem with production based progression here. A lot of players even playing well and truly impacting the game can do so without putting up huge numbers, especially on defense. This is just another reason to move on to a more realistic way of determining progression. Hopefully in 11...
Just wanted to throw this out there; progression is rated position by position, so DTs are compared against DTs. If, leaguewide, DT sacks were down, your progression will remain the same as long as you maintain the same relative level of production.

I prefer this because it means, as the league changes, so does the progression to match. If progression was measured against a hard standard, and the league became absolutely dominated by 4-3 defenses in a given franchise, then OLBs would suffer because their sack totals as a whole would go down.

Anyways, I don't know how relevant that is to your question... I have the same concern but can't answer with any confidence one way or the other.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
When upgrading your stadium in franchise mode, will you be able to SEE (new Jumbotron, extractable roof, etc.) or feel the effects of your additions???- no
Then there is really no point in having that in the game.

I'll tell ya there are a lot of disappointments here but I'm still looking forward to the release, and there will be a good chance that I will buy it . For Franchise, I'm hoping to see a lot added in the next couple of years, which I know is a tough task, but there has to be some emphasis on realism in the offseason. Things like IR, RFA period, Training Camps, and Draft pick trading for future drafts are square one basics (I'm sure there are others) and have been seen in last gen games and even some of the early early football sims. Those are things that should be added in 11, and then focus more on more ambitious features.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 6

This kind of relates to AndyBernarnds question about the size of D-Lineman.

1) I've always had a problem with this in franchise. When you draft a RB that is supposed to be 235lbs but when you play the game and he does not look much larger than Chris Johnson. I drafted this kid that was 5'11"-245lbs. I expected to put him in the game and see a tank lined up behind the quarterback. It turned out that he was the skinniest of all my RBs..... 5'11"- 245lbs and SKINNY!?!

2) Also, I know this has been vaguely answered before, but does weight mean more in this game? not just ratings? I am aware that Brandon Jacobs can push the pile well in M10. but does this relate to his high TRUC rating? Or does the game also take into effect his enormous size? 6'4" -260lbs+

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »