Home

Running game

This is a discussion on Running game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Running game

Like everyone else here, i had several concerns about the game that i hoped would be fixed. Through updates on this site, Ian & Co. have put my mind at ease for most of these.

However, there is still one issue that i havent found much evidence to prove that its been fixed and that is the running game.

The running game in 09 was horrible. Virtually every play i did would go for a loss or 1 or 2 yard gain. im not expecting 10 yard plus gains all the time, but it should be easier to get typical 3-5 yard carries. It just became so pointless to run the ball and passing was so much easier.

Looking at the videos that have been uploaded at it doesnt seem different. what do others think about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman

The running game in 09 was horrible. Virtually every play i did would go for a loss or 1 or 2 yard gain. im not expecting 10 yard plus gains all the time, but it should be easier to get typical 3-5 yard carries. It just became so pointless to run the ball and passing was so much easier.

Looking at the videos that have been uploaded at it doesnt seem different. what do others think about this?
I personally agree. . .the running & physics are broken, & there is still not an intermediate pass , the routes still aren't timed with the 3-5-7 step drops. . .Wow, there are so many issues that make this unplayable. . .I finally give up on Madden. . .it's over.

Last edited by The Lob Mob; 06-17-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
I personally agree. . .the running & physics are broken, & there is still not intermediate pass , the routes still aren't timed with the 3-5-7 step drops. . .Wow, there are so many issues that make this unplayable. . .I finally give up on Madden. . .it's over.
And banished to oblivion.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
I personally agree. . .the running & physics are broken, & there is still not intermediate pass , the routes still aren't timed with the 3-5-7 step drops. . .Wow, there are so many issues that make this unplayable. . .I finally give up on Madden. . .it's over.
I can't tell if he's serious or not. Do.. do we rub his nose in it?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
Like everyone else here, i had several concerns about the game that i hoped would be fixed. Through updates on this site, Ian & Co. have put my mind at ease for most of these.

However, there is still one issue that i havent found much evidence to prove that its been fixed and that is the running game.

Sounds like you should play on the PRO level, I think you will find the success you are looking for.

Good luck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Eh, I had success with the run game @ CD and I'm not really that great at running the ball.

If I can slide off topic just a bit, I think Madden 10 will still be missing some things from the running game that were awesome in 2K5. 2K definitely captured a feeling of 'organicness' in the run game and I don't think Madden has duplicated that yet. They're still needs to be some collision or push the pile animations when running behind your O-line. Also, Madden needs to have animations that trigger automatically: hurdling over players on the ground, 'squeeze through' animations, etc.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

They really need to improve run blocking AI because right now it's quite bad. Also, I think that we will have to wait until Madden 11 for improved running animations and momentum and the such.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

The run blocking AI was utterly broken last year(and in every madden for this gen so far) Yes, you could still overcome this and find ways to run at times but that's BS. I hope to god they fixed this and the broken man coverage on D from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »