Home

Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball?

This is a discussion on Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Does CPU Peyton still take FOREVER to snap the ball?

I see what people are saying, it shouldn't happen before each play. I'd rather it happen, then snap it as soon as they get to the LOS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I see what people are saying, it shouldn't happen before each play. I'd rather it happen, then snap it as soon as they get to the LOS.

The point is the exact opposite issue was fixed last year after a TON of people complained about the CPU QB always snapping the ball within 1 or 2 seconds and now people are complaining about the opposite issue.

Seems the devs will never please everyone.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I'd rather it snap after 1 second than 10.

I got all my adjustments in before that 1 second. You know, as the defense is walking up to the line. Maybe you guys are just too slow, or should be doing less adjustments.

You don't change ur entire defense on D on the field.
Maybe we like to take our time and not rush through the game like a crackhead on speed
Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I always thought its was 3 plays. A pass. A run left. A run right.

Thats how I've always been hearing it.

Though inside and outside sounds more sensible.
lol disregard my previous post regarding this....you sir are correct...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Maybe we like to take our time and not rush through the game like a crackhead on speed
Well then you are weird....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #46
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

I love your suggestions... just play fifteen minute quarters. The thing is, I don't always have two freaking hours to devote to Madden. I play seven minute quarters that get me realistic stats. However, when Manning runs the clock down to one second it doesn't give me realistic stats at all. I'm a franchise junkie, so sure Manning would be cool in play now mode, but not in franchise mode. Unlike some of you, I actually have a life and can't play fifteen minute quarters. Accelerated clock might be the solution I've been looking for.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
I love your suggestions... just play fifteen minute quarters. The thing is, I don't always have two freaking hours to devote to Madden. I play seven minute quarters that get me realistic stats. However, when Manning runs the clock down to one second it doesn't give me realistic stats at all. I'm a franchise junkie, so sure Manning would be cool in play now mode, but not in franchise mode. Unlike some of you, I actually have a life and can't play fifteen minute quarters. Accelerated clock might be the solution I've been looking for.
First of all, LOL

Second of all, you never watch full NFL games?

Exactly.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #48
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
Accelerated clock is a good idea and a bad one at the same time. The reason play clocks run down is because of changes in personnel by the offense. However, if the personnel grouping doesn't change and if the play is called quickly, the ball is snapped with about 20 seconds left on the play clock, much like most snaps in madden. I think the accelerated clock should be used when changes are made in the offense's personnel, but not when no changes are made.

Also, this stuff about Manning and all the check with me's is pure conjecture since the Colts won't give a straight answer on it. No one outside of their organization will tell you what they're doing, and they shouldn't. The problem is that so-called "journalists" get to say pretty much whatever they want about it and most peole who watch the games really have no substantial knowledge about how the game is coached and played. Do the Colts use a check with me system, most definitely, every team does to some extent. Is Manning calling his own plays/picking from run or pass on every down/have the ability to change plays whenever he wants; most definitely not, no coach, especially not Tom Moore, is going to let his job security be determined almost solely by a player, no matter how great that player performs.

i like the way accelerated clock made the cpu run off some time because it used to be that the break the huddle at :38 and run the play at :32. i like your idea of the personnel change having less time being run off but i like to play long quarters but i hate waiting at the line for 30+ seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »