Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 12
This is the best sports game blog I have seen in a long time, maybe ever. Congrats to Ian and the team for actually giving a crap this year. I was on the fence with this game before this blog and it made my decision pretty simple.

It's really a shame this cannot happen in NCAA. Maybe their dev team will be like Madden's this year? How cool would it be (probably just as cool) to play against west virginia and actually feel like you are playing against west virginia?

I know that's for a different topic on a different day, but I had to mention it. Four marks once again for Ian Cummings. August 14th will be the end of my social life as I know it. Oh well, it's been a good run, lol.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:12 AM   #98
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

LoL its a shame we'll be using the same old plays and formations this year according to some people, its too bad EA only caters to sheep.

If you can't see the sarcasm here then you're flat out blind.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #99
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Up until this blog, I had not read anything that I found particularly exciting about the franchise mode for Madden'10. If anything, I was harboring a healthy amount of bitterness over some of things that were excluded from franchise mode this year (pre-season progression, RFA period, training-camp, 80-man roster, ect). However, with artificial intelligence being the most important facet of a videogame on my personal checklist, the improvements made to the A.I. this year (CPU playcalling tendencies coupled with Adaptive A.I.) may have single-handedly saved franchise mode for me.

Thank you and please continue to share in-depth information about all of the logic and A.I. enhancements that have been for Madden'10.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 7

will we be abe to create plays?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #101
MVP

OVR: 30
TheTodd84 - I feel u on NCAA implementing this one day but I wonder if it can be done based on the fact that EA is now being challenged on the likeness of college players. If they cannot have players play like their college counterparts because it would be too much like the actual players, then this could be moot in NCAA of any type sports game. I wonder if it can be done, anyway, though. Hmm...

As for this being implemented in Madden, this is truly what's up. I am way beyond satisfied with what has been said and shown to be done so far for Madden 10. To be honest, I was satisfied with Madden 09, knowing that they were just warming up on these current gen systems. I appreciated what had been done over Madden 08 for the PS3, which I thought was pretty not so good. NOW, we're getting an even greater leap from Madden 09 to Madden 10 because EA is getting more comfortable with the PS3 and 360. The future is bright for us console sports gamers, and current gen gamers, in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #102
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I want this.
Me too. I don't care how complex it is,I'll figure it out, just release the damn thing EA. All of it too, not something like on last gen Madden.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #103
Pro

OVR: 60
Nice blog. Also nice to see that we won't have to change the depth chart to get Welker in the slot. Really excited for the wildcat and the CPU playing based on their strengths and real-life trends. Madden 10 is looking 20000x better than NCAA 10.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #104
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Love it! I CAN NOT WAIT for this game!

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »