Home

How Many Minutes Will Set Up Your Online Franchise For ?

This is a discussion on How Many Minutes Will Set Up Your Online Franchise For ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
How Many Minutes Will Set Up Your Online Franchise For ?

I know there are plenty of us stat junkies left. With this new runoff feature, Im actually considering 15 min qtrs. You figure with the runoff, it will feel more like an 8 minute game in past Maddens. Most NFL teams snap the ball with no more than 10 seconds left on the play clock, and that is simulated with the new accelerated clock. Now we can play a game that mirrors the same amount of possessions and plays from scrimmage as real NFL games ! What do you guys think ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: How Many Minutes Will Set Up Your Online Franchise For ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenfeeeen
I know there are plenty of us stat junkies left. With this new runoff feature, Im actually considering 15 min qtrs. You figure with the runoff, it will feel more like an 8 minute game in past Maddens. Most NFL teams snap the ball with no more than 10 seconds left on the play clock, and that is simulated with the new accelerated clock. Now we can play a game that mirrors the same amount of possessions and plays from scrimmage as real NFL games ! What do you guys think ?
I'll certainly give it a shot - it depends what kind of options we have for that runoff setting. In past Maddens (and APF, for that matter), the accelerated clock still didn't run off enough time to make this possible. That could definitely change this year.

It would be great to see human-controlled games with Time-of-possession stats comparable to the simmed games.

Edit: Missed the thread title - I was referring to offline games. I think our OF quarter length has already been decided.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-26-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I'm excited.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

7 mintues
Old 07-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Its not new. It was on the ps2/xbox. I think they first put it in in madden 04 or 05.

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanboy
Its not new. It was on the ps2/xbox. I think they first put it in in madden 04 or 05.
We've never been able to change the amount of time it runs off, and the demo seems to indicate that is an option this year.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

15 minutes with the runoff leaving 12 seconds on the play clock. That will definitely be the way to go.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'll certainly give it a shot - it depends what kind of options we have for that runoff setting. In past Maddens (and APF, for that matter), the accelerated clock still didn't run off enough time to make this possible. That could definitely change this year.

It would be great to see human-controlled games with Time-of-possession stats comparable to the simmed games.

Edit: Missed the thread title - I was referring to offline games. I think our OF quarter length has already been decided.

BCruise I am not certain, but I believe as the Online Franchise Commissioner, u can determine every aspect of the game options. Thats why I believe if I head one up, the members of mine will be selected carefully. Its hard work trying to find real sim ballers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »