Home

Turbo doesn't work!

This is a discussion on Turbo doesn't work! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Turbo doesn't work!

I'm playing the 1 min. demo and I'm the Giants. I throw a pick and the LB is running it back. I light up Jacobs who's got the angle on him and should be able to run him down along the sideline. I pull on the RT to get him to run faster and he runs quick and then starts to slow down. I realize that I'm going to lose in a footrace to the endzone- which makes no sense as the LB is running towards me so I just have to cut off the angle.

So what did I do? I click to another player to let the cpu take over Jacobs. Suddenly Jacobs explodes and starts running down the LB, who had gotten past me and was heading for the house. Jacob's runs him down easily and tackles him and the game ends.

Why does a user controlled player run slower than the cpu?
Is RT not the input for turbo?
I hate stuff like this because it takes the user out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Turbo doesn't work!

When on defense or a pick is made, you can hold down the A button and the player you are controlling will take the best pursuit angle to try and catch up. Usually this works out and it feels the players run faster.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Don't tell me that you also tried to dive at him!!! Both speed burst and dive are ridiculous!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Nope, I didn't dive. I clicked to another defender and the cpu took control over Jacobs and suddenly just exploded and chased down the LB.
This needs to be fixed.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Rookie

jgarcia's Arena

OVR: 6

what is the equivalent to the A button on PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia
what is the equivalent to the A button on PS3?
X
Old 07-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
Nope, I didn't dive. I clicked to another defender and the cpu took control over Jacobs and suddenly just exploded and chased down the LB.
This needs to be fixed.
lol...This is just how Madden plays. I'm a 2K vet and trying to get use to playing Madden in quite...um, Maddening. The game has never put a large emphasis on "user control" like the 2K series. It's more about you trying to guide the player where he's suppose to go rather then you actually using the sticks to make something happen. That's why there's no dive, no charge up, no tapping for sprint etc. It's been like that since last gen and it's never going to change.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just Madden's style. I prefer 2K's controls myself because I like to feel like I'm in absolute control of every situation. But that's just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
lol...This is just how Madden plays. I'm a 2K vet and trying to get use to playing Madden in quite...um, Maddening. The game has never put a large emphasis on "user control" like the 2K series. It's more about you trying to guide the player where he's suppose to go rather then you actually using the sticks to make something happen. That's why there's no dive, no charge up, no tapping for sprint etc. It's been like that since last gen and it's never going to change.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just Madden's style. I prefer 2K's controls myself because I like to feel like I'm in absolute control of every situation. But that's just my opinion.
Not trying to start a madden vrs 2k thing but the same issues hes's talking is in 2k as well, there where times I would be smash the sprint button like crazy the cpu still catch up to me and I have a fast player. Honestly I think all sports games give cpu to much advantages sometimes.

- Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »