Home

Turbo doesn't work!

This is a discussion on Turbo doesn't work! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Turbo doesn't work!

Turbo works just fine for me.....Maybe its just your controller idk.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
Turbo works just fine for me.....Maybe its just your controller idk.
Yeah me too, i have no problems with it. Maybe your just taking a bad angle while the computer took a better angle which would make the defender get to the ball carrier faster which would make it look like he is running faster even though he is not.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedeaf
Yeah me too, i have no problems with it. Maybe your just taking a bad angle while the computer took a better angle which would make the defender get to the ball carrier faster which would make it look like he is running faster even though he is not.
Sorry, it's not me!
Let me explain it a bit better.
LB intercepts on his 40. Jacobs is back at my 45. So I've got plenty of time before the LB even gets to me. I light up Jacobs and sprint toward the sideline to cut off the LB. I get about 5 yards and my player slows down- it's visible I can see it happening, it's like there are brakes being applied to him. The LB is getting past me now and I'm not even close to him. I switch off in a deperate attempt of hoping the cpu will run faster.
SURE ENOUGH the cpu turbos up Jacobs and he EASILY runs down the LB from behind. Had I maintained user control I would'nt have even been in the race!

FIX THIS! IT'S BS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I haven't had any issues with this at all. And I have no idea why the thought that perhaps the CPU would be able to catch him while you can't would even cross your mind lol.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
FIX THIS! IT'S BS!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer34
Not trying to start a madden vrs 2k thing but the same issues hes's talking is in 2k as well, there where times I would be smash the sprint button like crazy the cpu still catch up to me and I have a fast player. Honestly I think all sports games give cpu to much advantages sometimes.
That's just rubber banding. All games have that. I wasn't talking about AI issues, I was talking about user control and how the two franchises play completely different from one another.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Personally I think they should get rid of turbo altogether. Works well not being in NHL 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #16
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
Personally I think they should get rid of turbo altogether. Works well not being in NHL 2010.
I've BEEN a running back...in real life, people use boosts of speed. As far as I'm concerned, Madden needs the tap sprint because the "hold the trigger" option is not as realistic. In real life, you vary your speed. You get the hand off, look for a cut, and then maybe you explode up the side line...at that point you're going to have someone on your butt so you're pumping your legs with everything you have.

Sprint tapping best emulates real life...but if Madden isn't going to use that they should ATLEAST have some sort of turbo. Without it, running would be completely unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »