Home

Bullet Pass/Loft Pass

This is a discussion on Bullet Pass/Loft Pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #9
Rookie

DarthLeon's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Bullet Pass/Loft Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
XBOX360 does not have pressure sensitive buttons IIRC.

So maybe thats why theres only lob and bullet.
Since 2k8 has the ability to do so, I don't think its a problem with the hardware. Its quite likely it's just something the devs havent gotten around to yet. Why that is, however, befuddles me.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #10
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

You can throw an in between pass, but it is a lot harder to pull off then it should be. You have to hold the button for the exact amount of time that is needed, or you will get a lob or a bullet.

That's what I've found.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 AM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I have no problem with throwing all three pass types. Bullet lob and touch passes. When I want a bullet I press and hold the button to throw a rocket in there. When I want a lob I just quickly tap and release the button to send it lofting up in the air. In between i just press it like normal I don't quickly tap, nor do I hold on for deal life until the throw is away. It may take a little practice but it feels just like 09 and prior.

I say go into 09's practice mode and practice between throwing a bullet and a touch pass. If I have to make a short clip of the three I will.

EDIT: here we go.

This really comes into play when people talk about the "Magic LB" that can leap tall buildings and intercept your passes over the middle when the WR is "15 yards down field." People think of the game from a 2D perspective a lot. Many times people throw Bullets passes on these Post routes and they sail so low the LB just jumps a foot off of the ground and makes the pick. A lob is too slow. If you make a touch throw it will sail over the LB's head but will get there with enough speed and force to hit the receiver in stride. In the demo I hit Boldin and Fitz a lot with these touch passes.

I found the same in the demo to be true as well. the Lob floats it too much on posts and the bullet gets the ball at the wrong time/spot and can even lead to INTs by the CB or Safety.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-05-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks for the video. Maybe you have ninja precision because I simply cannot do that.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsallupinyaarea
Does anyone know if EA has fixed the QB Throw features. Maybe it was just me, but the way it is now (pressure sensitive) I find it hard to throw anything but a bullet pass or a jump ball. This seriously makes 80% of the wide receiver routes impossible to complete the way they are designed. Post routes, stop and gos, flag, etc. Its especially frustrating when you want to just drop the ball in between the linebacker and safety when your opponent is using cover 2.
hey dsallupinyaarea,

one thing you could try is precision passing. so instead of just lead passing (with the left analog stick), hold down L2 and use the left analog stick to precisely direct where the pass goes. so to get over that LB hold L2 and up on the left analog stick, and you should get some more air under it.

besides pressing the button a bit lighter, not sure how else i can help you out
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnverse
hey dsallupinyaarea,

one thing you could try is precision passing. so instead of just lead passing (with the left analog stick), hold down L2 and use the left analog stick to precisely direct where the pass goes. so to get over that LB hold L2 and up on the left analog stick, and you should get some more air under it.

besides pressing the button a bit lighter, not sure how else i can help you out
Wait a second. You activate precision passing when L2 is pressed?
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Wait a second. You activate precision passing when L2 is pressed?
YES!

if you don't press L2 it is just a LEAD PASS, leading the WR to a certain direction down the field. so on a deep bomb, you would hold up on the left analog stick and throw deep.

if you DO press L2, it is a PRECISION PASS, targeting a specific area around the reciever. so if you hold up, it will make the WR jump; down, the WR will have to go low to get it; etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnverse
YES!

if you don't press L2 it is just a LEAD PASS, leading the WR to a certain direction down the field. so on a deep bomb, you would hold up on the left analog stick and throw deep.

if you DO press L2, it is a PRECISION PASS, targeting a specific area around the reciever. so if you hold up, it will make the WR jump; down, the WR will have to go low to get it; etc.
I knew about precision passing but didn't know you had to press a button to activate it. This changes the dynamics of how I play. All along I thought I did precision passing and felt like it didn't work. Thx for letting me know!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »