Home

Dude just ran quick snap to the RB 14 times in a row with Chris Johnson

This is a discussion on Dude just ran quick snap to the RB 14 times in a row with Chris Johnson within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Dude just ran quick snap to the RB 14 times in a row with Chris Johnson

Player spotlight or w/e its called. Does that help at all? I would just use the MLB and follow him wherever he went.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
If i see dollar, quarter,or dime than I will no huddle and run it up the gut too.

Thats what a real NFL team would do if they saw a defense playing so many defensive backs on the field. Theyd run up to the line and pound it over and over. Those types of defenses are only good for third and long. Its your defense that unrealistic more than him running up the middle over and over.
Dude you don't understand. He's not running it out of the I-Form or single back. This play is in the Shotgun set with 3 wides and a TE. You can't just line up in goal line or a 4-3 against this formation.

I will admit his passing game wasn't the best, had I known about this play I might have won.

The bottom line is no RB in the league can run the ball 14 times consecutively and still have enough stamina to truck my DT and LB's on the 14 play. In OT btw.

I found a due or die play where if I run it, I can stop CJ with the RB direct snap but any average player will be able to read it and pass all over it.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
Dude you don't understand. He's not running it out of the I-Form or single back. This play is in the Shotgun set with 3 wides and a TE. You can't just line up in goal line or a 4-3 against this formation.

I will admit his passing game wasn't the best, had I known about this play I might have won.

The bottom line is no RB in the league can run the ball 14 times consecutively and still have enough stamina to truck my DT and LB's on the 14 play. In OT btw.

I found a due or die play where if I run it, I can stop CJ with the RB direct snap but any average player will be able to read it and pass all over it.
Like I said, go Nickle. Thats what teams usually do when they get 3 WR sets. Better pass protection than a 43 and better run protection than a dime. A dime is fine aginst 3wr, but I wouldnt think so againt the Titans.

14 plays in a row is alot, seems he would have scored before then if the play was unstoppable. The fatigue should have set it, but dont forget the defense gets fatigued too when someone no huddles.

Last edited by MAHAM; 08-10-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Player spotlight or w/e its called. Does that help at all? I would just use the MLB and follow him wherever he went.
Since EA took the run/pass commit out, you would think spotlighting a RB would do the same thing. It doesn't

I've lab'ed enough to see that spotlighting only works on a receiver while your running zone. It makes the player in the zone react faster to receivers coming into the zone.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
You could if you play zone...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »