Home

QB's stand in the pocket for over 10 sec multiple x's

This is a discussion on QB's stand in the pocket for over 10 sec multiple x's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
QB's stand in the pocket for over 10 sec multiple x's

As one example among many, during numerous plays with blitzes called, Romo sat behind his o-line without any pressure whatsoever. During each instance I replayed the play and put the stopwatch to it. I timed +10 sec a few times. I always play on All-Madden and expect a tough game, but this is ridiculous! I was able to sack him a few times, but that was only when I switched to a D-lineman as they got close to him. If I didn't switch players, the D-lineman decide to stay engaged with the o-line and play patty cake. I won the game, but that is besides the point. There are things that just don't seem right with the overall experience of M10.

We shouldn't have to manipulate the sliders for the d-line to apply pressure and attack the QB properly. It should work out of the box. When the majority of you get the game you will experience this frustration. I encourage you to go back and replay it and watch how the D-line move around so strangely. We definitely don't see this on Sundays!

As I stated before this game is good because it is better than '09, but it still needs serious work and polishing, as it is far from great! There are too many weird occurrences throughout the presentation, the gameplay, and overall feel of it for me to carry on about, but you will soon see. Btw, when did EA decide that the over the shoulder catch was the predominant way to catch a football?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: QB's stand in the pocket for over 10 sec multiple x's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
As one example among many, during numerous plays with blitzes called, Romo sat behind his o-line without any pressure whatsoever. During each instance I replayed the play and put the stopwatch to it. I timed +10 sec a few times. I always play on All-Madden and expect a tough game, but this is ridiculous! I was able to sack him a few times, but that was only when I switched to a D-lineman as they got close to him. If I didn't switch players, the D-lineman decide to stay engaged with the o-line and play patty cake. I won the game, but that is besides the point. There are things that just don't seem right with the overall experience of M10.

We shouldn't have to manipulate the sliders for the d-line to apply pressure and attack the QB properly. It should work out of the box. When the majority of you get the game you will experience this frustration. I encourage you to go back and replay it and watch how the D-line move around so strangely. We definitely don't see this on Sundays!

As I stated before this game is good because it is better than '09, but it still needs serious work and polishing, as it is far from great! There are too many weird occurrences throughout the presentation, the gameplay, and overall feel of it for me to carry on about, but you will soon see. Btw, when did EA decide that the over the shoulder catch was the predominant way to catch a football?

Over the shouldr cathes happen WAY WAY too much.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

unfortunately for now we have to mess with sliders for this. I am peeved this is a problem as well. Hopefully this is fixed in patch one.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Tell me about it. I put my pass rush to 95 and CPU pass block to 5, it was only a four man rush but the CPU QB sat back there for at least 9 or 10 seconds before he finally threw a 7 yard completion. My Bears D lineman never even got close.

Did Ian's changes to the pass rush not make it into the game? He had videos where it averaged 3.x seconds before being sacked. I think that was the CPU rushing and not the human or something.

I am going to mess with the sliders something has to make it where you get good pressure and a few sacks a game I just have to keep tinkering I guess.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

yeah I was playing around last night and I was in the pocket for 20 secs lmao..I would run in front of the pocket and then run back behind it to avoid getting sacked

playing the CPU I noticed sometimes (mostly in the 4th qtr when they're down) that the o-line will suck you in to the point where you can actually be turned around so that it looks like the olinemen is actually the dlineman and you still can't break off to get the sack.

I have JT and Porter on the line now and it's usually 50/50 if I get the sack or get sucked in to the point where I just put the controller down and watch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

I noticed this in the demo many times and I played probably no more than 2 hours of it.

What I saw was D-linemen being pancaked with regularity, usually more than just one.

And I also saw the over the shoulder catch far too many times, including on screens!!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

I get pressure every game on All-PRo Default speed.

Are you guys calling the right plays? Do you expect pressure EVERY play?

One thing, yes the over the head animation is over done, and done at wrong times.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Agreed to all, I was playing a Broncos versus San Diego game last night, and I was in the lead most of the game and I got to Rivers only twice and he threw the dreaded duck ball. A couple of times I counted and he had 9-12 seconds to sit back there to throw. In one instance he just stood back there until one of the receivers came back for the ball after being all the way down the field. I have also tried controlling a linemen when this happens and I swear you cannot get off the blcok no matter how you move the stick or push a button, this has got to go IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »