Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #33
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
great review
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Great review, Steve! I am so pumped to play this and I will be doing so in a mere 25 hours from now.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1
To say that this is the best Madden this generation isn't much. Since the launch of the 360 and PS3, football games have been terrible but people swallow the BS that is forcefed by EA and acclaim it as a great game. I have also heard that the improvements have made the game hard to have fun which is important to me when I pull my $60 out of my pocket. I don't have 10 yet and from what I have seen it is a huge improvement over 09 which was unplayable and sold after a month. I'll reserve all judgements until a copy is in my hand within the next few weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 32
Great review.... now, if they can put together a patch that corrects the issues with the AI and the penalties - it could absolutely push this game into rare air - ala MLB the Show territory.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #37
Rookie

ice23's Arena

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Great post fam cant wait. less than 24 hrs and its on.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:32 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 7
Until I get the actual game, it is hard to say. I doubt it will be as good as NHL 09, but, I hope it does not turn into the Show- Quite Possibly THE most overrated game since Gameday '98 (see also: the most polished turd ever.) We'll see in aboot 24 and 9/8ths hours. Really though, when using at least 10 year old code, trying to convert it to many different systems, all the while trying to get it to everyone's focus group like specifications and change the underlying gameplay embedded in the series for years is definitely a monumental challenge. Until EA goes out and gets The Best in the industry, gives them a blank check and 4 years and says "If this is not the greatest game ever, you do not get paid.", a mantra of "caveat emptor, pal." must be taken. It would be nice to enjoy it enough on All-Madden to get at least 1/2 the games I got out of Tecmo Bowl (no way it gets to Super Tecmo Bowl status, even with Digital Barry), but, hard to say until I play it. After all, winter is coming...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:51 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBOO
Until I get the actual game, it is hard to say. I doubt it will be as good as NHL 09, but, I hope it does not turn into the Show- Quite Possibly THE most overrated game since Gameday '98 (see also: the most polished turd ever.) We'll see in aboot 24 and 9/8ths hours. Really though, when using at least 10 year old code, trying to convert it to many different systems, all the while trying to get it to everyone's focus group like specifications and change the underlying gameplay embedded in the series for years is definitely a monumental challenge. Until EA goes out and gets The Best in the industry, gives them a blank check and 4 years and says "If this is not the greatest game ever, you do not get paid.", a mantra of "caveat emptor, pal." must be taken. It would be nice to enjoy it enough on All-Madden to get at least 1/2 the games I got out of Tecmo Bowl (no way it gets to Super Tecmo Bowl status, even with Digital Barry), but, hard to say until I play it. After all, winter is coming...
Old 08-13-2009, 02:29 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 28
Yeah good review, and even though I'm not a big football buy i always seem to buy the game every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »