Home

How did you fix your teams problem areas?

This is a discussion on How did you fix your teams problem areas? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
How did you fix your teams problem areas?

I am curious to see how everyone else makes their moves in franchise to better their teams.

I started my franchise with the Broncos, and everyone obviously knows the QB position is a HUGE ?, so during the draft i sent a 3rd round pick to the Dolphins for Chad Henne.

Now that we can move players to other positions, i moved Wesley Woodyard from LB to SS, Elvis Dumerville back to RE, and for some reason in the first update that had Spence Larson back at Fb when he is a LB, so i moved him back.

During FA, i picked up Jacob Ford to fit in my LE hole, as well as Clint Ingram to play LOLB.

So, how did you fix your teams problems?
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How did you fix your teams problem areas?

I dont know how successful this attack plan is, but for Detroit so far I signed Derrick Brooks, switched to a 3-4 and have Brooks playing ILB next to Foote.

I also signed Marvin Harrison to play the slot for a 1 year deal, giving Stafford more targets? Especially since I'm planning on having to pass alot and play from behind...better than Bethel Johnson anyway I think...moved Derrick Williams to the #2 WR spot and Bethel is #4...thats it for now

Oh, I take that back, Terrelle Smith got hurt for the year in preseason, i cut him since theres an IR issue, and signed former Gator FB Billy Latsko...Latsko will play some Tailback...guaranteed! Latsko for 1,000 yds? lol

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

Last edited by FunkDockta27; 08-24-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Billy Latsko...Go Gators!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

By Bethel do you mean Bryant? If so, I traded Marvin Harrison to them for him and a 1st round pick. And I play sim and all, but this dude is crazy. I have hrown many passes that turned into TD's. He has about 6 TDs through 11 games. I'd say 4 were just passes trying to get 5 yards.

― Plato
Old 08-24-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

yeeeeah guess so....lol sorry man, i hadnt even realized it was a different B. Johnson, guess I just assumed on that one. That would explain why he's not so fast either huh?

FIFA12 PS3

NCAA14 PS3
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
I dont know how successful this attack plan is, but for Detroit so far I signed Derrick Brooks, switched to a 3-4 and have Brooks playing ILB next to Foote.

I also signed Marvin Harrison to play the slot for a 1 year deal, giving Stafford more targets? Especially since I'm planning on having to pass alot and play from behind...better than Bethel Johnson anyway I think...moved Derrick Williams to the #2 WR spot and Bethel is #4...thats it for now

Oh, I take that back, Terrelle Smith got hurt for the year in preseason, i cut him since theres an IR issue, and signed former Gator FB Billy Latsko...Latsko will play some Tailback...guaranteed! Latsko for 1,000 yds? lol
I tried to switch to a 4-3, but for some reason each time i play a game i still play the 3-4 heavily. Is there something i have to do, like change the DEF playbook?
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

As the Cowboys, my main problem areas would probably be WR (2 rated above 70) and CB (1 rated above 75, Jenkins and Scandrick were 75 each). To fix the WR issue, I traded with Jacksonville and sent Patrick Crayton (75 OVR, C potential) over and got Jarett Dillard (69 OVR, B potential). It's a temporary downgrade, but Dillard progressed beautifully after the first offseason (had a great rookie year too, 60 catches, 1100 yards, and 13 TDs) and is a 75 OVR with more room to improve (unlike Crayton).

Time fixed the CB problem as both Jenkins and Scandrick have plenty of room to improve through progression. After one season, Jenkins is an 82 OVR and Scandrick is an 81 OVR (Newman is getting old and fell by 1 point to an 87 OVR), hoping for another good year of progression after this season. I also drafted a sleeper SS who came out an 81 OVR (B potential) from the 5th round and became my immediate starter.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #7
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
I tried to switch to a 4-3, but for some reason each time i play a game i still play the 3-4 heavily. Is there something i have to do, like change the DEF playbook?
idk if theres a more permanent way to change it yet, but ya know when ya start the game and youre at the uniform screen? hit R2 (if youre on PS3) til you see the playbook screen, change your D to 3-4 instead of your teams playbook...i havent found a more permanent way to change it so you dont have to do that before each game yet. I changed under my coaches options from 4-3 to 3-4 but it doesnt wanna stay that way...if anyone else knows something bout changing your def. playbook so it keeps, lemme know tho

FIFA12 PS3

NCAA14 PS3
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
idk if theres a more permanent way to change it yet, but ya know when ya start the game and youre at the uniform screen? hit R2 (if youre on PS3) til you see the playbook screen, change your D to 3-4 instead of your teams playbook...i havent found a more permanent way to change it so you dont have to do that before each game yet. I changed under my coaches options from 4-3 to 3-4 but it doesnt wanna stay that way...if anyone else knows something bout changing your def. playbook so it keeps, lemme know tho
From the main menu go to My Madden>Settings>Game options. In there you can set your playbooks up. Just pick a playbook that is a 4-3 and save your profile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »