Home

Just found a way to create great D vs CPU (No more robo qb!)

This is a discussion on Just found a way to create great D vs CPU (No more robo qb!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #41
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Just found a way to create great D vs CPU (No more robo qb!)

guys maybe its me but has anyone had problems getting away from the offensive lineman? Its seems like the offensive linneman stick like glue to my defensive guys when trying to get pressure. Alot of you have said your getting to the QB but no sacks..I can barely get to him and when i use the swim moves its just does very little to get away from the OL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #42
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
Pantherbeast your problem is getting your A.I. (opposing 10 players) to place pressure on the QB right?

If that question is the case of your problem I don't think you quite understand the solution that Bulldogs78 is providing, or asking people to at least attempt.

Playing MLB in it self doesn't have any to do with the A.I. getting pressure. "It's how you go about playing the MLB or any other position" (Besides the DL I guess from reading through this thread unless I missed something.)

Bulldog isn't tryna provide a way for "you" as the user to get sacks easier since that doesn't seem to be the problem your having anyways. He is providing a way to "make your defensive A.I. get more pressure and sacks". I honestly feel to have to read over bulldog's post in this thread because from reading the quote above you seem to be misinterpreting wat they are saying.

...It's been awhile since I wrote like this on any forum lol....

Edit: Homecourt kinda beat me to it lol
And the simple solution to all this that Ian and his crew needs to look into the coding to see why the AI QB is throwing the ball away to quick and why the AI ain't creating much pressure for the human controlled team. This is the most simple solution to solve this whole thing.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #43
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
guys maybe its me but has anyone had problems getting away from the offensive lineman? Its seems like the offensive linneman stick like glue to my defensive guys when trying to get pressure. Alot of you have said your getting to the QB but no sacks..I can barely get to him and when i use the swim moves its just does very little to get away from the OL
That is also another problem aswell. The AI oline is also way to samrt and good when it comes to blocking the human pass rush. These things need be tweaked some. Thats all I have to say bout this problem.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #44
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

^^^^ i mean i had Jason campell no lie he had about 10 secs back there in the pocket because no matter what i did the OL guys were sticking to me like glue
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
And the simple solution to all this that Ian and his crew needs to look into the coding to see why the AI QB is throwing the ball away to quick and why the AI ain't creating much pressure for the human controlled team. This is the most simple solution to solve this whole thing.
I agree with that but until that happens Bulldogs options seems like the next best thing at this moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #46
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Do you mean literally two seconds, or like two steps then take control?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #47
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Let me get this straight: Let's say I want to control a MLB who's dropping back into coverage. Can I position him where I want before the snap, and then after the snap wait two seconds before manually controlling him? Or can I not move him at all pre-snap and just wait two seconds after the snap?

And this works the same way with DBs?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

Last edited by Spanky; 08-21-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Jay Glazer scoops Chris Mortensen again
Old 08-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Let me get this straight: Let's say I want to control a MLB who's dropping back into coverage. Can I position him where I want before the snap, and then after the wait wait two seconds before manually controlling him? Or can I not move him at all pre-snap and just wait two seconds after the snap?

And this works the same way with DBs?
I believe the second option is what works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »