Home

Most likely going to trade madden in now

This is a discussion on Most likely going to trade madden in now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #49
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Most likely going to trade madden in now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
Thankfully they went back to default "slow". Plays and looks better this way. You will get used to it.
I would have to say for those that liked Normal speed and now have to play on Slow should be ok in getting use to the game. If anything it should be easier, but I totally understand how you feel. Me personaly I like the game on Fast(When I had the game). Slow in no way shape or form resembles a true NFL game. It's funny when someone says its more realisitic to the NFL when that is so far from the truth. The NFL game is extremely fast.

I do also understand why players like it on Slow. Its easier to see things and execute plays, and in turn makes the game more enjoyable. Thats cool and you should be able to enjoy your $65 purchase. EA did a good job with adding a speed slider. Now offline everyone can be happy.

Online being that there is a speed slider from very slow to very fast. I would have went with Normal. I think a medium choice would have been best, or a option to play normal or slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
Why do people hate realism so much?
I'm glad it's slow.
Slow isn't realism, it's just easier to play the game on. Which nothing is worng with that if u enjoy it that way. That is what its all about, but slow is not a reflection to the speed of the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Why? the people that want a truly simulaition experience love the new "slow" gameplay...
Some strange reason some people see the game as football as being a slow sport. Some how some way they think running a 40 at 4.2 to 4.6 is slow.

I guess for them to truly understand the speed of the game need to see a live NFL game.
The game looks crazy live and moves so damn fast
Old 08-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerguy
I was going to ask this exact same question.

Someone is going to give you a fancy answer, but i guarentee you it has everything to do with how cheesers can't take advantage of "speed" rather than using just a Liiiiitttle bit of strategy.

In reality, if someone compared "Slow" and "Normal" mode with actuall NFL game footage, there probably wouldnt be THAT much difference.

The difference is, they made it more sim this year, and the speed of the game and players has little to do with it.

If you get an honest answer about this from a cheeser, i'll be shocked. The reason, I think, I know this is because I like to cheese, "OFFLINE", but i do prefer realism over winning. If i can get the stats and scores to come close to real life, then i'm happier, even if I lose.
Oh shut up with this "cheeser" nonsense......Everybody who doesn't want to play on molasses speed is not a damn cheeser.........Is OS really this dense?

If I wanted to, I could make the point that in damn near any game I play online, when the game speed gets cranked up, the best players become that much better.......You don't believe me? Play a game like Quake, Unreal Tournament, COD......When people add mutators to make it faster, the players who are good become even better and the people who are average seem to get worse......

Best example I can give of this is I've played a million games of NBA2K9 head to head online and off..........When I go over my friend's houses, they play with the game speed on 86.......90% of the time, I play on game speed 48........Every single time, I beat them worse than I would've if it was on normal speed......

I'm not saying this is true, I'm saying that I could assume because you wanna play on slow that you suck, the same way you guys assume that we're cheesers cause we don't want o play with the game speed on turtle.......
Old 08-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Well the problem is they allowed you to experience it on normal. When we played at CD the default speed was SLOW. Of course we could change it, but Slow was the default. Now imagine if the game was out of the box like that and you had never experienced normal online. Yeah you would say this game plays slow, but you probably would just deal with it and keep playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well the problem is they allowed you to experience it on normal. When we played at CD the default speed was SLOW. Of course we could change it, but Slow was the default. Now imagine if the game was out of the box like that and you had never experienced normal online. Yeah you would say this game plays slow, but you probably would just deal with it and keep playing.
I dunno.......I mean, I didn't play the demo or anything..I'm comparing it to 09......09 felt fine for me, nothing felt too fast....The first time I played online on 2010, it was so obvious to me that it was slower........I'm not going to get used to it, I'm just going to deal with it because I think Madden 2010 is a very good game......
Old 08-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 15

well 2010 itself is slowed down from 2009, even on normal....
Old 08-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #54
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I like slow better than normal because you can see a running hole developing easier than on normal which in my opinion is (now) too fast. Also in the passing game you don't throw as many careless interceptions because you atleast have a second or two during the blitz to see if it's zone or man. Normally (I think we all have) I would rush the pass because the blitz was coming too fast and the "magical" LB will speed to his "spot" and pick the ball off. On slow it seems, if the LB is caught of position the advantage goes to the QB/reciever just like it should be. On the flipside, on defense you have an opportunity to sniff out a screen pass or the back just running to the flats. I control mainly a DL when I play Madden, but with the slowed down gameplay I began wandering to other players pre snap and it was easier to control a LB in zone and even man coverage. To each their own I guess, just my 2 cents.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

lol @ plays look better. Since when was it about looks? It's about realism and slow surely is not realistic. NFL action is about being FAST. Just because some people don't have quick reaction times, don't blame it on others. Then there's ones saying how they can see the holes better. Enough of that nonsense.

I feel as if my defense is running in quick sand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 15

yeah forget madden all together. I traded it and my 360 for a stopwatch. Dude you should see how fast I can start and stop it.

I'm thinking im investing in a yard stick and a note card. That way I could drop the note card and measure my reaction time by how far I let the card drop, when I try to catch it. I'm not sure though, I need to find a place that will let me get a sick deal on a trade in in case I don't like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »