Home

Raiders Franchise

This is a discussion on Raiders Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Raiders Franchise

I'm playing them as now actually. For the big contracts I wait until their cap penalty is less then their cap hit then I cut em. Jamarcus lasted two, or three seasons before I could finally get rid of him. I cut Mcfadden as well, he never did anything for me.

My first two years I had top 7 picks and I used those drafts to create a studley linebacking corp, a respectable offensive line, and a hall of famer QB.

My third year I won the super bowl, next year I went 8-8, and for the next four years (to where I am now) I have won the super bowl once, lost it, and lost two AFC championship games.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
Pro

Forgot to mention...I stopped scouting prospects after the 2nd or 3rd season to make it harder to find gems.

Twice now I've ended up crushing my cap by drafting first rounders with no future. It's nice.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #11
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm in my first year of my franchise. I started with default rosters, so I already traded away Burgess. I'm looking at getting rid of Fargas in my offseason and of course I'll let Javon Walker go also.

My next game is against the Titans for the AFC championship. I went 14-2 in the regular season using custom sliders between all pro and all madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

Can someone seriously tell me what the fun is of playing so unrealistically?

I mean, if youre a little kid that just wants to have fun, its understandable, but if you know how the league works, what is the fun of making unrealistic trades and/or stacking your team from the get go?

IMO, franchise mode is about going through the ups and downs of your franchise and doing it in a realistic manner.

Just because Madden's trade logic is still stupid doesnt mean you have to take advantage of it.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Can someone seriously tell me what the fun is of playing so unrealistically?

I mean, if youre a little kid that just wants to have fun, its understandable, but if you know how the league works, what is the fun of making unrealistic trades and/or stacking your team from the get go?

IMO, franchise mode is about going through the ups and downs of your franchise and doing it in a realistic manner.

Just because Madden's trade logic is still stupid doesnt mean you have to take advantage of it.
I play very realistically. I only make trades for draft picks and my only two trades (JaMarcus for a 4th and McFadden for a 3rd) were not ripoffs at all (the McFadden deal was probably a ripoff against me since he was rated 89 at the time).

I agree with you. Seeing trades like Antoine Winfield for a 1st rounder is annoying. In fact, I find it hard to even make a deal to rip off the CPU this year. I have a QB named Chase Ballard who has backed up Michael Bolt for 4 years, is an 84 overall, and is in the final year of his contract. I tried to trade him before the year but no one would give me a day one pick. The Broncos (in my division so I was hesitant to trade with them in the first place) had a rookie QB rated 71 starting and they still wouldn't give me a 1st or 2nd for Ballard.

I decided in the end that I might as well keep him and either try to lock him up next offseason or let him go. Well, two weeks into the season, Bolt gets hurt for the year and Ballard has to start. Ends up leading the team to a 10-6 record and a WC berth.

Now I'm sure he's going to get big bucks in FA, so this is likely the last time I'll have him in black and silver as I head into a divisional round matchup against the Patriots (beat me three consecutive times in the postseason).
Old 08-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #14
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

just defeated the Titans in the AFC championship, 48-44. Porbably the greatest Madden game I have ever played that literally had me nervous, LOL. It was a back and forth battle all game and came down to the last minute for both teams.

I was up very late in the 4th, 41-37. On 4th and 9 from my 18 yd line, Kerry Collins hits Lendale White for a TD with 1:11 left to play and just totally pissed me off and broke my heart. I was just thinking "How can Russell ever lead me to a miracle comeback?!" Titans up 44-41.

I was not hitting nothing at all and it came to 4th and 10 from my own 26 yd line. I hit my go to guy all year, Chaz Schilens for a 15 yd completion and conversion with :47 seconds left. Next play I get sacked! Timeout. 2nd and 19 and I go to my man Schilens again and he takes it to the house for a 67yd TD with only :27 seconds left! Raiders AFC Champs!!!!! 48-44

bring on Green Bay in the SuperBowl! Will play the game tomorrow. I wish there was a way to extract the video highlights from the hard drive and make my own highlight video. Also earned 2 trophies. One was a "SuperBowl MVP-Like" trophy, and the other was some 2 minute drill trophy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »