Home

Does the rock music on Madden grow on you?

This is a discussion on Does the rock music on Madden grow on you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #73
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Does the rock music on Madden grow on you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Ok, maybe I should rephrase it and say someone that solely listens to rap. How about that? You guys know what I meant. If you were a real rap fan you would never say that this was the best soundtrack when this is still out there.

I think im pretty qualified to be labeled a "real" rap fan...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #74
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

I only have the songs playing by the one dude who does all the NFL sounding music. Forget his name. Everything else I cut off.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #75
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
As someone who has zero interest in rap music, I can definitely see your point, but whereas this year's music just alienates people who prefer rap, previous iterations just put in obscure artists that few people had even heard of, much less liked. The playlist is definitely more slanted to rock than rap, though. It probably has alot to do with my theory that EA is uses songs that are already licensed for Rock Band, which really doesn't have much Flo Rida in it.
That's a good theory and I'm willing to bet that's why the soundtrack is like that. I never thought of that. Anyway, what's wrong with obscure artists. I mean everyone was an obscure artist at sometime. Just look at the video I posted. That was Ludacris rapping in that song. No one knew who the hell Ludacris was when that came out, but a bunch of people know who Ludacris is now. I would just rather prefer obscure names with variety over popular names with less variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #76

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Ok, maybe I should rephrase it and say someone that solely listens to rap. How about that? You guys know what I meant. If you were a real rap fan you would never say that this was the best soundtrack when this is still out there.

This one song is better than this whole soundtrack IMO, well not counting the NFL music stuff. I love that stuff. As for the rest of it, they could replace every song and just have this on a continuous loop and I'd be satisfied lol.
Thats my bad but, I don't solely listen to rap and, this to my knowledge is the best soundtrack that "I've heard". What makes me less of a rap fan than you, thats type of music is the music I've grown up around ever since I can remember? I have never played madden 2000 so I wouldn't know anything about the soundtrack. I started playing madden around 04 because, thats about the time when I really got into watching real football and playing madden.

I didn't play it much because, I was into blitz 2001 I think it was back then on the playstation.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

If they want to put rap in the game put in some Big L and Wu Tang no new age (c)rap.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #78
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Thats my bad but, I don't solely listen to rap and, this to my knowledge is the best soundtrack that "I've heard". What makes me less of a rap fan than you, thats type of music is the music I've grown up around ever since I can remember? I have never played madden 2000 so I wouldn't know anything about the soundtrack. I started playing madden around 04 because, thats about the time when I really got into watching real football and playing madden.

I didn't play it much because, I was into blitz 2001 I think it was back then on the playstation.
I'm not necessarily talking about fandom as much as I'm talking about the type of music you listen to. I only listen to rap and R&B. I can listen to some alternative groups, but I'd never buy one of their cd's. You and jukeman seem to have a broader spectrum of music that you listen to. My statement was not for you guys. Of course you won't have any problems with the soundtrack because the music falls within the spectrum of music you listen to. My statement was for people like me. People that do not listen to rock at all. I've never had a problem with the Madden soundtrack before because I just turn off all the rock songs and I'm ok. This year when I do that I have 3 or 4 songs left. Of course this isn't going to be the best soundtrack for me. It's going to be the worst because I only have 4 songs to listen to. That's what I was talking about with EA alienating a whole group of people. The people, like myself, that do not listen to rock at all, are kinda left out in the cold this year. That's alright though. This point is moot because if they can't patch the slow speed online the game is getting traded in anyway lol.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #79
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Whats all this talk about new age rap? There aint no jerk music in Madden 10.....

Madden 2000 and Madden 06 also had great song list
Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila
the music is pure crap. only sheep and teenagers would listen to such trash. i turn that noise off in the menus....what a bunch of simple minded music
So could you tell me about the music you listen to that is above all this 'simple minded music'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »