Home

CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed.

This is a discussion on CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed.

Well up to last nite I tried everything to get the game to play solid since release and tried everything. I basicly gave up last nite and gave it one more go from something I read on the forums.

I played the game on all pro not touching any sliders and put game speed to very slow, which is the slowest game speed. The blocking is perfect I cant beleive it. Seems like the slower speed makes everything run how it was supose to be. Feels 10x more sim like and the cpu plays 10xs better. The run and pass game is perfect as well.

It seems like the slower speed makes all the animations kick in and I noticed that for every block theres a tiny animation and on faster speeds it must screw the animations up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Banned

Re: CPU AI is 10xs better on slowest game speed.

Also im no joe smo in Madden Ive been ranked #1 online in the past for months straight now I just enjoy playing a franchise online. I test the crap out of everything.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

I play on the slowest speed for this very reason. Sad but very true.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
Banned

Basicly its fixes the blocking. The blocking is perfect. So if the horrible blocking bothers you give very slow game speed a try. The games default speed is slow and I really dont notice a diffrence in very slow except everything plays better and the blocking is perfect.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFunk4
Basicly its fixes the blocking. The blocking is perfect. So if the horrible blocking bothers you give very slow game speed a try. The games default speed is slow and I really dont notice a diffrence in very slow except everything plays better and the blocking is perfect.
I saw this the other idea and have only played one game at this speed, but I have to agree, the CPU and over all game experience was top notch!! Gonna play a few more this way with some different rated teams and see if the gameplay holds up.

So far so good

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I can't play on slow or very slow because the gameplay bores the hell out of me and the game seems way too easy. I blow the cpu out every game on slow, but normal or fast I actually get a decent game out of them points wise.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

interesting...I wonder why though. the game speed should just speed up the motion, not alter the AI...the AI should react the same whether it will take 2 seconds to engage a block or 1 second to engage the same block
Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
interesting...I wonder why though. the game speed should just speed up the motion, not alter the AI...the AI should react the same whether it will take 2 seconds to engage a block or 1 second to engage the same block
i think it`s the other way around..

on slow or very slow, i have like 8 or more secs to make a decision. On Fast or very fast you have a lot less time to make the decisions.

So in a way.. i disagree with the OP. and i actually think, it`s the other way around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »