Home

Pancakes?... JUST REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!!

This is a discussion on Pancakes?... JUST REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Pancakes?... JUST REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!!

In the nfl do we go around saying... yeah he didnt have a pancake so uh... he's not going to the pro bowl...

Guess people dont know the game of football these days. What makes a oline good ofcourse if he can sense the blitz, know who to block, gives up no sacks, creates lanes for the rb to run..

This is coming from a OFFENSIVE LINE PLAYER.

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
What are you talking about? What is wrong with pancakes in the game? Have you ever played an actual down of real football in your entire life? Do you know what a pancake is? Do you know how rare they are? If you have 3 pancakes in a game that is equal to a 200 yard receiving day for any receiver. 180 yards rushing for a RB or 300 yards and 4TDs for a quarterback. They are spot on with this stat, as more games in real life feature ZERO pancakes. I dont know what you were told a pancake is, but it sounds like i might be entertained by your definition.

The problem is that when you sim games you end up with alot more pancake blocks. If you play all your games you'll never have an OL in the top 50 for pancakes which kills there progression. If you sim all your games than you'll be fine and your OL will progress alot more. It's stupid. Been like this for years and NCAA is the exact same thing. Amazing that EA could be so negligent when it comes to this.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #19
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
What are you talking about? What is wrong with pancakes in the game? Have you ever played an actual down of real football in your entire life? Do you know what a pancake is? Do you know how rare they are? If you have 3 pancakes in a game that is equal to a 200 yard receiving day for any receiver. 180 yards rushing for a RB or 300 yards and 4TDs for a quarterback. They are spot on with this stat, as more games in real life feature ZERO pancakes. I dont know what you were told a pancake is, but it sounds like i might be entertained by your definition.
have you ever opened your eyes and compared your stats with SIM Game stats?..

i won`t explain any further since GoJayzGo did already.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

dont think it should go of a avg yards rushing cause a good RB might make a avg line look very good or sacks either cause a QB that can scramble can avoid sacks.

it should go of how many yards a teams running game averages before first contact and how many times a QB is under pressure
Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I never understood why it was even in the game in the first place. It's not a real stat in the NFL.

And yea, it's completely messed up. Every year it's something different. Back in 05 I had my entire O-line in the Pro Bowl, all 5 offensive lineman led the league in Pancakes. And now you get zero pancakes.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I never understood why it was even in the game in the first place. It's not a real stat in the NFL.

And yea, it's completely messed up. Every year it's something different. Back in 05 I had my entire O-line in the Pro Bowl, all 5 offensive lineman led the league in Pancakes. And now you get zero pancakes.
It seems they fixed that by going to the opposite extreme, rather than settling in the middle. Questionable move, EA
Old 09-25-2009, 03:05 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Head Coach had pretty detailed linemen stats. Just saying.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have a RT who progressed to 93 and now nosedived to 88. He hasn't missed many games, he's just not getting any good stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »