Home

What is the OS response to Ian saying he is "done" with this forum?

This is a discussion on What is the OS response to Ian saying he is "done" with this forum? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: What is the OS response to Ian saying he is "done" with this forum?

Quote:
I think I may be officially "done" with OS guys. I'm sorry, but this is unbelievable. I ask questions in threads to get more proof and there are 50 immediate posts telling me how stupid I am that I have to ask and how much better 2k was and how terrible the game is.

I think we're going to be officially moving to the EA forums and trying to clean house there. I hate that we have to do it, because I think there are so many smart people here, but I just can't take it anymore.

I don't know where the original poster quoted it from but this is taken from the thread the OP posted.

Last edited by chadskee; 10-05-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

My two cents and observations.

OS has a Gripe Thread. Unfortunately, the griping has spilled into other threads that have called out the developers. Calling out developers as lame or incompetent and they can make good windsocks won't help any developer stick around.

It's all about how you present your gripe. If you do it with respect, you will get respect back. For example, the Broadcast View United Club. They respectfully asked for a broadcast view and received one. If you rant and rave and stomp your feet, all that does is make you feel good.

Constructive criticism is great, but once it goes personal, then, it goes down a slippery slope.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

It's unfortunate. Hopefully OS admins can work something out like this

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...been-sent.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #12
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My two cents and observations.

OS has a Gripe Thread. Unfortunately, the griping has spilled into other threads that have called out the developers. Calling out developers as lame or incompetent and they can make good windsocks won't help any developer stick around.

It's all about how you present your gripe. If you do it with respect, you will get respect back. For example, the Broadcast View United Club. They respectfully asked for a broadcast view and received one. If you rant and rave and stomp your feet, all that does is make you feel good.

Constructive criticism is great, but once it goes personal, then, it goes down a slippery slope.
You're 100% right, but don't you think that, as the holder of the precious NFL exclusive rights, you have to be a little thick skinned with funky criticism? I find it very hard to believe that Ian didn't think he would see this stuff on an internet forum.

The EA forum is exponentially worse than OS. I just don't think it's a tactful move. He seemed to be able to take it just fine pre-release.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

Edit..i posted this twice on accident..

This is what happens when a handful of mods and admins around here let the bashing continue on and allow trolls to bash at will. Dont get me wrong..there are some good mods and admins around here but i get a red card for defending Ian and trying to talk some sense into the bashers and haters in here ..but yet they are allowed to continue on with the name calling, calling ian every name in the book while us guys that tried to defend ian and explain that bashing and constructive criticism are two entirely different things.

The problem is.. people like myself and a handful of others have done our job in helping make this game better but yet we get red flagged while the bashers are left alone for the most part lol..i dont get, well i do..there is a VERY DIVERSE difference with some mods and admins compared to some other mods and admins here..only if the entire team was on the same level..maybe some justice could of been made in here..

OS has become one of the "worst" gaming communities out there..i belong to a ton of hardcore gaming forums and OS has dropped the ball bigtime..mainly in the madden forums...they need some better organization and also need to put the foot down on the blatant bashing going on..because they havent..they just lost one of the good things about this place.. Madden dev's interacting with their community. And is another reason why i havent bothered to donate to this place.. a few mods are not on the same page as other mods in here it seems and are going after the wrong people.

I mean i was at another freaking forum and i read a post in how a bunch of APF guys were coming over here to purposely make madden10 look bad..i tried mentioning this TWO TIMES and nothing was done..infact i was red flagged for speaking up about it to this one basher in here and i was red flagged for it lol.. Why? I tried giving a fair warning to buckle down in here because this place was about to get infiltrated with blatant bashers to make M10 look like crap and sure enough..nothing was done, infact i was red flagged for backing Ian up and trying to defend him ... i dont got time for this childish crap anymore..it was fun being around here interacting with Ian and the rest of the dev team but its not so fun anymore..

Just goes to show what haters and bashers can do to a community if left untouched. Owell..im not losing sleep over it.. i'll go where the dev's are so i can continue to help make the game better with mature constructive criticism...nothing wrong with expressing your negative feelings but some kids just dont know what that means yet in their young life.

What about all of us that has helped make this game better? Its a shame that this entire community has been ripped to shreds over a small handful of haters because the truth of the matter is there are far more of us that enjoy the game then hate it.

I said this a billion times.. hate and negativity sticks out like a sore thumb and will spread like cancer in a forum community..i know i been running my own private forums for 10 years now..i've seen it all and i tried warning people around here that this place will fall quickly if mods dont buckle down on the bashers and trolls...

Last edited by Moegames; 10-05-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

wow this may be the saddest case i have ever seen on OS.. you guys actaully ran the Devs away.

and the fact that Ian is one of coolest devs out there makes it even more disappointing.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
You're 100% right, but don't you think that, as the holder of the precious NFL exclusive rights, you have to be a little thick skinned with funky criticism? I find it very hard to believe that Ian didn't think he would see this stuff on an internet forum.

The EA forum is exponentially worse than OS. I just don't think it's a tactful move. He seemed to be able to take it just fine pre-release.
This isn't the first time this forum reacted that way, either. There have been a few other times as well pre-release.

We don't know how much is on this cat's plate, either. He is involved with trying to help fix 10 and at the same time, make decisions on 11. If you come into a forum that insults you personally and your work several times, it's a bit much. OS posters should be smarter than this.

I would think most of the venom has been released and instead of ranting and raving, it's time to make creative suggestions for either patch #2 or Madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know why devs get so much slack. All they do is come on here and hype their product to make sales. When the game comes out and there is critisism and questions they are completely silent (not just EA, they all do it). ian was obviously lurking here but not answering anything. I know OS is proud that devs visit here but it's because this is the best sports gaming site and was before devs came here. I just hope OS doesn't sell out like many sites have done to satisfy these companies.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »