Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #897
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper
I made a created "cupcake" team and in my first season I missed the playoffs by one game

now....I'm 8 seasons deep and I won 7 straight Superbowls and Devin Hester as my receiver has broken just about every possible receiving record.

All-Madden isn't that hard...
I disagree.

All-Madden mode constantly cheats me during my games, it's the reason why I can't maintain a franchise mode. I keep trying to do a long-term franchise mode, but I just can't deal with All-Madden mode and the constantly blatant cheating by the AI, and trying to use custom sliders makes the game way too easy for me. Theres's no way in this game for me to get a realistic challenge, the only "challenge" that I can find in this game is via AI cheating.

It's making it really frustrating, because franchise modes are one of my favorite things to do in video games, and outside the on the field gameplay, Madden has a pretty damned good franchise mode.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #898
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I typically do not participate in these kinds of threads, but since my franchise is pretty interesting IMO, I'll give in.

I'm in my 3rd year in my Cowboys franchise. I've yet to win a Super Bowl, but I think I have a shot this year. The last two years, my pass defense has been abysmal but I've been stout against the run.

I've taken some steps to improve my defense and that's mainly by adding speed at the MLB position. I picked up Cory Judge in the 2nd rd and started him immediately. He's a lot faster than Keith Brooking (he's a backup now) and is better at filling passing lanes, chasing down the ball, and getting to the passer. Through 2 games, my defense leads the league in least yards given up and 9th against the pass. We were 31st or 32nd last year.

On offense, Romo is still the guy. In the preseason, I had Stephen McGee and Derek Anderson competing for the back up job. To my surprise, McGee played better. The practice paid off as Romo was injured in the first game and is out for the next 3 wks. McGee started against the Jets in my second game of the season and played great. He only put up about 250 yards or so, but he threw 3 tds and no picks.

The key for the next 3 weeks is for the defense to play well enough that I don't have to rely on McGee to win the game. They were able to do that against the Jets. We'll see if that trend continues against the Panthers and they're tough running game.

Last edited by RGiles36; 02-11-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #899
Rookie

OVR: 3

I went 10-6 with the Broncos in season one and lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Because it is so easy to draft great players in the draft, I did very well. Three 'B' potential players and three 'A' players. In season two I went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. I then traded my first pick and Moreno for Boar Jackson. I was a huge Jackson fan as a kid.

I realized that it was too easy to draft and get great players with the potential graphic so I let the CPU draft the rest. I think going forward I will grab the first pick and maybe the last and let the CPU do the rest. I am going to drop five of the players I drafted the previous year because my team is too stacked. I have too many guys that are rated 90+ which is not realistic. Hopefully this makes season three more fun than two.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #900
Rookie

Felipe526's Arena

OVR: 8

hey im wondering what qtr length u guys are using if u play all of ur games. right now im using 3 min with 15 second run-off
Old 02-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #901
Rookie

OVR: 3

Three minutes with 15 second run-off? That's crazy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #902
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe526
hey im wondering what qtr length u guys are using if u play all of ur games. right now im using 3 min with 15 second run-off
7 minute, no run off
Old 02-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #903
Rookie

Felipe526's Arena

OVR: 8

i might be crazy because of a little 12 year-old brother n00b whos obsessed with COD. i never have time for xbox so i prefer to play as many games as i can instead of one longer game. i dont get how u finish a year with 50 minutes per game. but than again it becaus eof my lenghth that i never run...
Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #904
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play 5 minutes with no run off...in my opinion 5-6 minutes is the perfect length, not too long or short.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »