Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #921
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I'm in the 2011 Season (#3) with Cleveland. Brady Quinn is the most unpredictable QB I have ever played with. One series he will look like an All Pro, the next he will look like Ryan Leaf. Not to mention it is a contract year for him.

Even at 5-1 on the season, I am really nervous about the remaining 10 games. The talent level is far below the POTENTIAL level right now; which means there is a lot of room for improvement.

Hired Lovie Smith in the off-season and switched to a 4-3 defense. I ended up bidding $60 million on Mathias Kiwanuka and trading for Michael Johnson (Bengals DE) so I could have some decent 43 ends to rush the QB. So far they are average at actually recording sacks, but they are great at putting pressure on the QB.

My pass defense is horrible. We have been 32 in the league for 3 straight seasons. I don't know if this is a slider issue or if I am simply bad at defending the pass.

I really want to move up in the 2012 Draft and pick up Terrelle Pryor but he is going to be a Top 5 pick. I can't tell you how much I hate using Brady Quinn right now.
You should get good results from Kiwanuka. I try and get him in the game as much as possible, so I put him at OLB or DT since he's stuck behind Tuck and Osi at DE. Guy has good speed and can get to the QB.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #922
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone ever come really close to going over the cap in one of these?

After my most recent season ended I dropped about 60 mill on Jerod Mayo and 45 on Kenny Phillips, I was about 60 mill under the cap and figured it was worth it since I could afford it but Bradford's contract is going to be up in a few years and he's a 93 so that should be tons of fun...

I'm still well under the cap for now but I am questioning if I'm really going to start pushing it shortly.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #923
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
I recently started a Raiders franchise, so I guess I'll find out. They have so many bad contracts it's ridiculous.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #924
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
I recently started a Raiders franchise, so I guess I'll find out. They have so many bad contracts it's ridiculous.
Ok that's a little different that's like being the Redskins. I've tried that with those teams you basically have to play 3 years just to get enough cap room to do anything.

I was wondering how the cap moves as you get deep into the franchise, I've always been well under but that comes with the Chiefs you start well under. But I know in past games it was nearly impossible to be on the cap deep in a franchise as it increased so much.

I just couldn't resist signing one of the few good fast SS's on the game and Jerod Mayo is well Jerod Mayo, I Just hope it doesn't bite me in the *** in a few years.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #925
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
Run with the Redskins. After a season or two you will start wondering what the Eff Dan Snyder is thinking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #926
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

I scratched my fantasy franchise because I was started to get bored with it, and started a brand new Dolphins franchise.

Killed the Falcons my first game 38-0. Crazy game, I have good sliders too, but it was just an awful game for them. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams tore it up though.

2nd game was a thriller, MNF at home against the Colts. I won 23-22, with Ronnie Brown scoring a TD with 20 seconds remaining to put me on top. Peyton threw 5 (!!!!!) INTs this game though, which is crazy. I never have that many INTs in a game, but wow, Peyton effed up.

Henne so far has been below average, but he'll improve hopefully. My defense has been great though, and its keeping me in games.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #927
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im in Year 16 of my NY Jets franchise. Just drafted Quan Henry late in the first round and he is amazing. Just had 3 picks in one game with him.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #928
Banned

OVR: 29

Getting ready to rock out my third season with the Browns. 11-2 on the season and looking to compete for the #1 Seed. Not bad for a team that missed the playoffs in 2010!

Brady Quinn is looking like 2009 Jay Cutler (IRL). - Bad....

Hoping to find a few answers and complete my team-building this next off-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »